Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The server is closed for building

Discussion in Minecraft started by Peter, May 23, 2011

1. May 27, 2008
    The title says it all. We have a handful of people working in/on the server to get it in gear for the public opening.

A few things still need to be done plugin-wise, as we don't have one of the people that were working on it beforehand. We're working on permissions, protection, and other misc crap.

We will not be putting anyone on the white list until its completion or find it the appropriate time to open it to you guys who want in.

-- Matt.
  2. Apr 2, 2011
  3. Apr 9, 2007
  4. May 27, 2008
    The thanks are to go to Brian. We gave him hell just the entire way through it. Apparently bitch-power is still a usable resource around here! :razz:

The in-gamers are the greatest group of guys. We have helped by making the first thing guests are going to see when they log on this server, a welcoming sight. What I last saw was some finishing up in spawn, getting a good general layout to get the guests through their first day.

As I've said before, we wouldn't have had this much accomplished if it wasn't for Brian. Expect to see the server soon.
  5. Feb 11, 2011
    Cant wait Im a huge fan of minecraft.. So a server that includes pF + minecraft is gonna be epic. Cant wait to start my base. A question.. will you have iconomy, towns? AND.. What other plugins/mods do you plan on adding? I also read on the minecraft forums is that in the 1.6 update Notch will be adding multiplayer nether, its gonna be awesome.
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    Well, euh a friend of mine bought a server capable of handling 50 people at once, but it never really got far. He said he's willing, if the owners agree ofcourse, to lend the server to plaguefest for the time being.
    Maybe use that as a vanilla server until it's really done.
  7. Sep 21, 2008
    I am glad to hear that the mc server is coming back.

Will there be cuboidal or some sort of protection for our buildings?
  8. Mar 30, 2011
    because every1 in the mc server reallllly is helping it
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    No thank you. Too many issues with this. Much easier to host it ourselves on our own box, way more control.
  10. May 27, 2008
    We really are just about done. The rest is on Brian with the plugins and it should be good to go.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Any update on this? Quite a few people are looking to be added to the white list (And are bugging me).
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    KYLE WHEN WILL IT BE DONE?!?!?!?!??! Cans I be added to whiteslists?! lol Well it will be done and people will be added soon hopefully.
  13. Apr 13, 2011
    my guess is that the server is up and running, but the main spawn area isnt ready yet and they don't want to open the whitelist up until the spawn area is ready.
  14. Dec 26, 2010
    I've been restraining myself from bugging people about it, but I am also curious.
  15. May 27, 2008
    He said that no one from hereon out is to be whitelisted. He's still working on permissions and on the plugins and trust me, if it weren't being worked on by one person, we'd have the server up right now and I wouldn't have had to post this thread..

Basically, stop bothering higher level admins in PF asking to be whitelisted on a Minecraft server and just wait it out.
  16. Feb 11, 2011
    I have been playing single player and its really boring. I dont want to play on any other server unless its pF so hurry up!!! lol j/k take your time, cant wait..
  17. Mar 13, 2010
    Been waiting for the MC server to come back for months. We hopefully can get some of the original people in again as it was a badass server with everyone involved that we had.

Also, cubiod motherfuckers. Are we using it?
  18. Jun 4, 2006
    We're using a plugin that involves having to solve mathematical equations and general knowledge questions in order to own blocks. Each block has its own question, get it right and you own that block.
  19. Oct 29, 2010
    Thank god for Google... The browser, not the other worthless one.
  20. Jun 4, 2006
    Google won't work for most. Some of these questions are insanely hard. I tried a few on google and google was like "wtf man I dono"

Here's an easy one: find the limit as n approaches infinity of 10^n / n!

^ All but the first 10 are at most 10/11, so the sequence is bounded by a constant times (10/11)^n, hence goes to 0. You type 0 and you get the block.