Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Weapon Cleaner

Discussion in The No Count Section started by 911Trigger, Apr 25, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    [Sorry for my lack of knowledge on how a server is ran]

Does having a weapon cleaner reduce lag or something? i was just wondering how much of a difference it made if we had this or not. Sometimes on certain maps items would glitch and get cleaned (not always a crucial item but an item nonetheless) so i was wondering...how useful is this?
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    It shouldn't be removing map weapons unless they were picked up then dropped. As far as I know, it's a fairly important plug-in.
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    well the thing is, sometimes it bugs (not necessarily the cleaner i think) and just removes items. it does this on predator and mako sometimes as well, not often enough where it makes the game super hard, but it does happen sometimes.
  4. Jul 20, 2010
    The weapon cleaner is there to remove the weapons since if I'm remembering correctly they count as an entity on the server when you have lots of weapons still there on the ground ontop of everything going on this adds even more entities and can lead to server lag and maybe even crashes. @Kyle I'm sure he can provide a much better answer o.O
  5. Feb 9, 2012
    ah ic, i don't really need the specifics of it, something like what u just explained seems reasonable enough to keep it. i always thought it was there to reduce a bit of lag or something.
  6. Aug 18, 2006
    The more weapons = more entities for the server to process = more lag = more crashing

It also helps keep entity count low to prevent the maximum number of entities from being reached. When the entity limit is reached, the server crashes. It helps more on ZE than it does on ZM.