Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The welcome sound on the server is crashing my css

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Te0, Jul 24, 2008

1. Jul 24, 2008
    hi, i think you realy need to do something about the welcome sound it is crashing my css eveytime i try to join...

so pls do something about it so i can i play on your server :smile:
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    Try deleting your sounds folder so then you will redownload the sound file from our server.
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    The MOTD uses embed HTML code, probably resorting to your system playing the sound via quicktime - if you do have quicktime installed, try running it in safe mode via the preferences. If you do not have quicktime installed, make sure your windows media player is updated.

If you could tell us about the issue more specifically it would help. Like "When I join, and the MOTD pops up, I hear "Welcome To Pla-Pla-Pla-Pla" and it just gets stuck at that part then eventually my CSS crashes, etc etc.
  4. May 27, 2008
    When I'm in the middle of the game and I alt tab out, it plays it. I'm starting to get annoyed at the sound of my own voice..
  5. Jul 24, 2008
    its exactly like that, welcome to pla-pla-pla then it crashes...
    after it becomes completely black and then a window pops up if i want to report the malfunction or not.
    when i choose to report it, nothing happens.
    And when i choose not to report it nothing happes either.

pls help me with my problem.

support me in my fight :grin: :lol:
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    Did you try what I suggested? It's probably quicktime, try running it in Safe Mode.
  7. Jul 31, 2007
    It is quicktime, as we all know quicktime sucks giant hairy balls because it's made by apple. I had to tweak some settings on the html age that pops up quickly before it crashes, click the quicktime logo and drag it down to the windows media player logo or the realplayer logo, that should fix your problem.

OR, uninstall quicktime if you can't do that, it's the only way. (No one uses shitty quicktime anymore anyway, except elitist pricks that insist on apple products)
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    Or uh... try running it in safe mode. Quicktime used to crash firefox as well, the fix was running it in safe mode, I'm on FF3 now and no longer have to run QT in safe mode though.
  9. Jul 14, 2008
    (For the admins) Why use Quicktime? Use something a lot more peole use!
  10. Posts
    I used to have the same problem too. But now when the welcome sound comes on it actually doesn't skip. YAY!
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    It doesn't even play anymore for me :S
  12. Posts

Welcome to Plague festa festa festa festa everybody! Better? :razz: