Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

The Zombie Escape community is dying

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Trond, Sep 15, 2014

1. Jul 20, 2012
    There has been a thread similar to this made before as you do have a valid point. For now, some servers are being attacked at the moment but I do not know if the attacking issue is resolved or not. CS:S is a old game and not much ppl play it anymore. As for ze, it's glorious moments were overall 2011-2012 (and partly 2013 up until skyrim v4, pirates and mountain but for me, summer of 2013 at least). Ever since fall of 2013 (especially skyrim v4), I just couldn't play ze the same as before. I can already agree that there are not much new players and mappers as the source engine itself can be hard to get around the limits (which was why envioinador quit cs:s to move to csgo).

As for CS:GO, the game itself and mods are doing fine now that a valid knockback plugin is in effect. Still maps don't have the same quality compared to source but there will be a way around this. Another interesting approach would be zombie escape in source 2 or a different engine where we would have less limits compared to source (meaning mappers can do A LOT more in a new engine than source).
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    • May 29, 2012
      Time to create a second ze server with all old-school stuff exp. old maps, old settings.
    • Oct 11, 2012
      [IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 6
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Apr 3, 2013
        Amen brotha:thumbsup:
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Oct 23, 2013
          Personally for me, I've drastically cut down on playing our ZE server just due to the ddos attacks we're been getting. It gets annoying very quickly when the lag starts then the server buckles over and over. So I've started playing on the gfl ze servers just due to a clean play through. Though their rules on racism and mic spamming leave something to be desired.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Sep 5, 2013
            CS:S itself is dying, simple as that. As much as I hate saying this, there will be a time when we all will need to move to CSGO if we wish to keep playing with our favorite communities.
            New players keep communities alive, and CS:S doesn't have that anymore. Why bother with CS:S when GO is more recent, has far more players, has more interesting features (I'm guilty of liking my weapon skins), and is actually cheaper? (GO is $15, Source is $20) GO essentially cut the vital influx of new players that kept Source relevant for so many years.

I have talked negatively about GO mods several times, and I stick to my words, but this game went down faster than I expected, I suppose I overestimated the power of communities. Historically, CSS takes the biggest hit to its numbers after every summer, then gets back a lot of its players on the holidays, it used to happen back on Steamgamers every year, saw it happen last year, now we could expect it to happen this year (hell, this trend goes all the way back to 2009, the first community I ever joined died that summer, and I was there for only a year). Here's hoping, of course. If it doesn't, it'll be time to move to GO for real.

If pF ever add a GO ZE server, you can count me in. I just hope we can get more maps/mappers there, and better plugins.
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              CSGO mapping fucking sucks. it's even more buggy than it was for css.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Jun 11, 2012
                Let it go man she doesn't want you. She's toothless and in a hospice I mean my gawd man SHE CAN'T EVEN EAT SOUP ANYMORE AND YOU WANT TO IMPREGNATE HER!!!

Engine is scarcely being supported anyway what with Dota 2 and TF2 updates getting trickled down to CSS/HL2/DOF:S. Source 2, now that's a source I trust.
              • Jul 20, 2012
                I can't play CSGO without having my own teamskins. CSGO was made by and for the competitors, and they play 5v5, not 32v32.
              • May 31, 2012
                Deh doo wap dippity woo I agree with you.
              • Oct 13, 2011
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Feb 25, 2014
                  I believe CS:S will always have a loyal base, maybe the new people won't come in as offend any more there always will be people playing it, maybe it is shrinking and maybe in 10 years or longer it will be allot less but for the couple of years the strongest communities will have new people and it's community sticking around, the weaker ones will at some point be forgotten.
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  Enviolinador and Tony, what makes you both say that? This will give me a reason to map in source.

Also enviolinador, what map are you working on atm?
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  ze_hydreigon_gets_instant_banned_v6.0_pfFix.bsp

It was so good he skipped all versions to v6.0
                  • Funny Funny x 2
                  • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                  • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                  • Feb 21, 2007
                    people have been saying this for years. It gets old, really. Like all things, it will eventually die. Its like telling your parents or grandparents they are going to die. Its the inevitable, obvious, but its not there yet. It seems those previous, that people have used this as an excuse for them to quit or move on from css. If this is your wish, then good luck and take care.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • May 31, 2012
                      Directly to version 8_3_4.

CS:GO's hammer feels clunky still, although the constant crashes aren't as horrid as they used to be. Compile times are pretty obnoxious (they aren't for smaller maps, but vrad for ZE on GO is overkill if you're making anything moderately well sized).
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Apr 9, 2012
                        I do not agree. I almost cannot find a single thing not working in CSGO hammer that doesn't work either in Source normal. The only thing that comes to my mind is that lights cannot flicker or whatever as it causes errornous lightmaps, but that's like all.
                      • Feb 27, 2012
                        I just find it's a bigger pain in the ass compared to source, and not everything works the same. You have to work fiddle with the HDR, LDR hardly exists (everything looks like shit without HDR), i've seen many issues with func_smokevolume (i think that's what it was) where the smoke goes red and/or black for no reason, and sprites don't work after the first round, and many other issues that i just can't remember right now. Not to mention they have a bunch of models missing textures, or textures missing their VMT's, and there's hardly anything available to mappers since most of the stock shit is pretty unique and doesn't play a role in many differently themed maps. I just don't like it compared to CSS.