Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

there are lots of map i cant connect to

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by blahdude10, Jun 11, 2011

1. May 7, 2011
    THere are some maps where i try to go and it says, "(the maps name) disonnecting" O_O

I dont get what this means...
  2. Jun 10, 2011
    Does is say that it's a "missing map"? If so, I think you have to manually download the map from fpsbanana. If not.... I don't know :razz:
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    It means the map is missing from the fastdl, or Site5 is offline. :mellow:
  4. May 7, 2011
    i even went to the map folder, deleted the map and reconnected but it still don't work :frown: mostly in the mg maps and especially in escape maps
  5. Apr 13, 2011
    Try logging onto your administrator account or running counterstrike as administrator.
    Alternatively, make sure CSS is allowed through your firewall.

The map files are stored to your hard drive and if CSS doesn't have the appropriate authentication it cannot save files to your hard drive.

Hope it helps.
  6. May 7, 2011
    I'm using a mac version of the Counter Strike Source soo.. i am basically running as the administrator
  7. Oct 10, 2010
    mac in trash
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    Which maps in specific? I'd like to get someone else to test downloading them on their mac client.
  9. May 7, 2011
    the escape map, mako reactor thing
    that's a mpa i really want to play but it doesnt work..
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    Sounds like the same problem Dil has, can't download any map over a certain size directly through CS:S. There is a way to download it directly from our fast dl server but I cant remember the link.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Oh. Yay for client specific issues.

net_maxfilesize 90
  12. Oct 10, 2010
    isnt net_maxfilesize for NON fast dl bz2 ?
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    I don't believe so, no. It's stupid that we have these 50mb compressed maps on the server. Bzip compression was supposed to help solve this. However, as of late, quite a few people have been adding a bunch of custom cruft to maps.
  14. May 7, 2011
    what do i do with net_maxfilesize 90 O_O
  15. Apr 9, 2007
    Looks like a cvar with a value attached to me. One would assume to put that into their console?
  16. May 7, 2011
    i did and nothing on console showed?
    is that a good thing or a bad thing :razz:
  17. Oct 10, 2010
    bz2/fast dl has no limit at all

i mean sv_downloadurl ...

i am able to download 300 MB + files
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    Interesting. What's your net_maxfilesize?
  19. Oct 10, 2010
    nothing ...

there is no limit if it is set serverside
    but i can only speak for windows ... not mac-in-trash
  20. Feb 1, 2011
    This is indeed a Mac specific issue. I have the exact same problem - any maps larger than 40mb will not download from the server with something like "Incorrect .bsp version. Couldn't CRC map, disconnecting."

I've gone on the Valve forums and read about it, and it definitely doesn't have anything to do with you or PlagueFest in particular. It's just an artifact of a crappy implementation of the source engine onto OSX :shock: