Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Thinking about a upgrade!

Discussion in Minecraft started by Elysian, Sep 15, 2014

Who would be in on it?

I'd Join 11 vote(s) 84.6%
I'd Join once in a while 2 vote(s) 15.4%
I wouldn't 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Mar 26, 2011
    Alright guys, I am thinking about a upgrade, that we may be able to toss in to increase our, capabilities/boundaries if I am using that right. If any of you guys are familiar with the FTB Unleashed Mod, Which you can find information to here:
    http://www.feed-the-beast.com/mod-pack/unleashed
    This is to the main players of it at the moment, and open to new ones as well, I wouldn't mind increasing the server size if need be. I want to talk to @Dirtbag about all of this, map wise, and get everyone's opinion on it before I pay for it. I just feel like most people get bored of basic bitch minecraft real fast and I know there are countless number of things to do on the mod pack and I love our little minecraft community we have right now so yeah who is up for it? @Peter @Taters @Toak @Seeker @AkaDemikz @Haplo @Jed I just tagged the people I know, but if you guys dont mind just ask the other players as well, Lilly, Katana, and Dharkk.
    and you can't forget @Luffaren and @dillinger !

Also, depending on conditions I do not know if we will reset again or not, I will probably end up giving everyone means of Nether transportation and a small set of diamond tools, 1x Pickaxe, 1x Axe, 1xShovel, and 1x Iron Sword, you know, just the basics so everyone can get their shit back and Ill help give some supplies to get your bases started again after you find your location!
    Code:
    Starting Tools:
    Diamond Pickaxe
    Diamond Shovel
    Diamond Axe
    Iron Sword
    Leather Armour

Supplies:
    Stack of Stone/Cobble
    Stack of Logs of your choice
    and some other things.
    The only reason I would be giving these away,are for the players that have already re-made their bases twice now. I can feel their pain there and I want to make it a swift and easy upgrade.
    I happen to know a few people that love Unleashed, and we could have our own little thing going, but I still like our minecraft family more so I wanted to ask you all first!
    To get to the Client Download just scroll down a little on the following page:
    http://www.feed-the-beast.com/
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      Elysian, Sep 15, 2014 Last edited by Elysian, Sep 15, 2014
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I believe the issue is that the server can't run Mods. That may hinder this.
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Mar 26, 2011
        For Realms that is true! I believe but as far as I know, with my previous server hosting browsing I did, I found a lot of websites that provide a FTB Unleased server, of course everyone is going to have to download the client that comes for it but other than that I think we should be good.
        - Linked the FTB home page with client download.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I'd definitely play if we had some kind of mods. I'm curious as to what hosting service @Dirtbag is using, because every one i've used, mods were possible. I also have a hosting service handy that you could use for it. If you get a VDS, there is a well priced plan with decent memory and bandwidth for $24.99. Or there is just a regular Control Panel way to do it (like i assume dirtbag is doing now) Where you can get 20 players, and 1.5GB of RAM. It doesn't list Bandwidth, so i assume it's free. I just prefer a VDS personally because you get the desktop environment versus the Cpanel shit.

Also, Dirtbag, what are the current specs on your server? (player slots, memory, pricing, etc)
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mar 26, 2011
          Dirtbag is using the regular Minecraft Realm hosting, linked here: https://minecraft.net/realms ;There is only one plan 13$/month, 20 slots for whitelist, only 10 people allowed on!
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Sounds awful. This is what i was looking at.
          [IMG]

And for the VDS, you can use Linux or Windows Server.
          [IMG]
          The VDS is $10 more, but in my opinion worth it over a cpanel.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Dec 30, 2006
            If you need help setting it up and maintaining, let me know. I have a way to host this for free but I haven't decided if I'm willing to. Blame tony.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Artistic Artistic x 1
            • Mar 26, 2011
              Thank you both for the help, and assistance offers, and I am happy to know Tony maybe joining us, if everyone goes for this idea and hopefully we will know soon what everyone wants to do. So if I can get a hold of Dirtbag, we can get most of this set up and have some things ready by the time, if we do decide to upgrade.
            • Feb 27, 2012
            • Jul 8, 2012
            • Dec 30, 2006
              We can always use your celeron............
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Artistic Artistic x 1
              • Feb 27, 2012
              • Dec 30, 2006
                Good idea! Would definitely play on a modpack server, or even a vanilla-ish one with things like /tpa and /sethome. Dirtbag's server is great but the 10-player cap and zero mod restriction is a bit limiting.
              • Jan 21, 2011
                Can we get a map that doesnt have a solid layer of fucking diamonds?
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  I'm not quite bored of vanilla yet, but I'm probably nearing it.

I'd be happy to throw money at this.
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  I wouldn't mind paying for a VPS with the price i listed. I'd give some of the people access to it (including Dirtbag since this is his thing) but it's up to everyone. That is, as long as NFO Servers doesn't make it mandatory for you to have a credit card through paypal and won't let you use paypal balance (similar to purchasing admin here) Plus i've got some friends that would probably really like to play if it's on one of these modpacks (direwolf 20, unleashed, whatever)
                • Jul 1, 2010
                  I'm fine with the way it is atm, not quite bored yet. In all honesty if I have to start over again on what I am building I probably just won't play.
                • Mar 26, 2011
                  I think all of you are amazing, with all the help, and I don't mean this in any harsh way and I would love all the help but I kind of wanted to be behind all this, like I didn't mind the money for some over priced server. I just wanted it so I could play with everyone and have even more fun than what we were already having and maybe build it into something more, I have helped a lot of MC servers build up, and I enjoy it which is why I wanted to do this and I know a lot about FTB and building is a passion so I wanted to make a spawn and a whole bunch of stuff. I'm not denying like any help I just wanted something to contribute and yeah. I don't know how to quite explain it. To the people who don't rebuild Dirtbag can keep that server open and I will litterally build your base or copy and paste it if possible with WE I just want to have a fair amount of resources and not a shit ton like seeker said.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Feb 27, 2012
                    Can't you copy stuff from one world to another with World Edit? Don't know about chests (i'm pretty sure their contents are stored in the save file and World Edit won't copy contents because of that)
                    • Winner Winner x 1