Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Thinking of a map to suggest...

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Chakurakid, Mar 29, 2010

1. Mar 13, 2010

It's played pretty often.
    It's an escape map
    Everyone starts out with no weapons or ability to buy them.
    You walk forward and pick a door numbered 1 to I think 10 and stand in front of it til the gate is released.
    You run forward 10 feet to a force field gate that has gates between each numbered section to cordon everyone seperately and wait there for a few seconds.
    This is where the zombie shows up. But instead of having free reign, it usually only gets to attack one randomly selected section. Usually.
    The other remarkable thing about this map is it's specialty weapons.
    The 4 I know of are staff of gandalf, a machine gun, a flame thrower, and most notably the Turtle Launcher. This is what most people recognize the map by is the turtle launcher.

Basically the idea is to run from the zombie, making your way to the center after passing through the above mentioned gated area, a hallway where you can finally buy weapons, and then a bunch of randomly spawning walls and traps. At the very center is a room where you have to crouch jump over a barricade spot and then hold it til another force field wall disappears, then haul ass to the top of the structure with the floors further down getting sucked into the portal above. If you make it to the top and manage to hold off the zombies, you get to pick an end special game for the surviving humans and watch it unfold for the zombies.

Does anyone have any idea what the name of the map is I'm talking about? I freaking love this map and would like to have it added as an alternative for when we get sick of all the ZM maps all the time.
  2. Jan 13, 2010

Issues: This map sounds like its set up for ZE server configs, meaning: We have more than one zombie spawn, and randomly. Our mother zombies have increased speed, defeating the purpose of running from them without weapons to slow them down. Without proper configs and humans getting owned every round while just sitting by a door or wall with no defense will kill the server.

Now if the fabled ZE server ever comes back to life, I could definately seeing a map like this being a favorite and that's just from your description.
  3. Mar 13, 2010
    Ok, on some of those points I see an issue. And for where people are getting stuck... there are only 2 spots. One in the very beginning, one near the end. The one at the beginning it's only dangerous for the people in the one section. RIGHT after that one part which lasts about 3-5 seconds, you can buy weapons as the next door opens. After that it's pretty open and people are running every direction.

At the end, there is only one direction you have to defend and it's pretty easy to do. Then it's just more running to keep away and then the holding them back by shooting them at the top. It's possible to win on that map and I see it about 60/40, but in my opinion, that extra challenge makes it fun.

Overall, that is a ZE map of orgasm. It has a little something for everyone so no side feels like it's completely unfair. And oh the variations they built into the map... THE VARIATIONS!?! :razz:
  4. Jan 13, 2010
    Thank you for the added detail, but like I stated the zombie spawn mechanic, at least to my knowledge, is a server config not map. I see that still causing issues. A few more I continue to seem to forget, map size and player slots. I can totally see this being tested though. *Pokes Josh and Kyle*
  5. Mar 13, 2010
    Yeah, mult-spawning zombies is a problem if it's server related and not map specific. Or if it can't be turned off for certain maps. Map size is FREAKING ENORMOUS cause it's supposed to be an escape map. And I believe the actual slot number is pretty high, but I'd have to find a server playing it to make sure. I've seen 50+ people play the map and it runs flawlessly.

Also, on a side note, I like how you added my mod gaf from last night when I gagged that one guy. When I did it, I didn't even think about the ramifications of it. When SHIT read it out to me after, I couldn't stop laughing. I ended up getting off later, and staying up in bed for another thirty minutes or more just laughing about it. Late night players are some of my favorite. No little kids, no russians spewing their silly 'language', and all German 'hour' is on most of the night.
  6. Jan 13, 2010
  7. Mar 13, 2010
    Fuck yeah! I got on a ZE server tonight and what would you know but that I found ma map!!!

It's called ze_paranoid_turbo_v7.
    24mb
    # of slots: unknown
    No block is recommended for it. Trust me.

I has it downloaded to my computer now.
  8. Jan 13, 2010
    I'd suggest it to Kyle or Josh last at night or early morning for testing.