Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Thinking of starting a FTB Infinity server

Discussion in Minecraft started by Beggar So, Sep 22, 2015

1. Jan 5, 2014
    NOTE: Sorry if this counts as advertising

So the owner of my previous server decided to wipe everything this weekend for whatever reason. So I'm thinking of starting a small FTB Infinity server, maybe with some extra mods (possibly ProjectE, a remake of EE2, to avoid grind). Anyone interested in hopping aboard?
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    Post Merged, Sep 22, 2015
    He won't.
  3. Apr 13, 2012
    What is FTB? is it within Tekkit Minecraft?
  4. Jan 5, 2014

FTB, or Feed the Beast, is a modpack launcher. FTB Infinity is a modpack, like Tekkit or Monster or etc.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I do not enjoy playing minecraft at all anymore. I used to play the shit out of FTB (i played the Ultimate Pack or whatever) It was a shitload of fun.
    • Jan 5, 2014
      Yeah, modded Minecraft has a good amount of drawbacks (can be very grind-y, poor documentation for many mods, have to learn a lot of shit), but I've been pretty addicted to it the past couple months.

Some players from the previous server are thinking of starting a new one from scratch, which I'm considering joining. But I'm not looking forward to starting from scratch and I want to avoid a situation where some dickhead server owner decides to wipe everything because he got bored of Minecraft.

That's why I'm thinking of just starting my own server with some extra minds to reduce the grind. I haven't managed a MC server before, but I don't think it'll be that hard if we'll only have like 5-10 players max. And it'll only cost me maybe $20-$30/month, which isn't bad at all.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      @Beggar So my VDS right now is literally running nothing but IRC for someone else. You could use my VDS for minecraft. I may have to purchase an extra GB of RAM or two, but i have no problem with that. And if you wanna throw in whatever for that RAM, that's cool too. It's a Windows VDS with Remote Desktop Protocol access. I think i only play $20 for it. RAM is $5 a GB. Heck, i will just do a complete upgrade if it ends up being cheaper than adding RAM. But i dont use it for anything, so if you want to use it, you're more than welcome.
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Feb 8, 2013
        You know what's fucking funny? You guys didn't understand because of a typo.
      • Jan 5, 2014
        Thanks Tony, I appreciate it. I think for now, I'm gonna play on the new server that everyone is migrating to for a couple of days. If I start to dislike it, I might take you up on your offer.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Apr 13, 2012
          Ive only ever played regular Minecraft and the Tekkit Mod packs but I would be willing to give it a try :grin:

Edit: What is the link to FTB Stuff?
        • Apr 13, 2012
          Thank you Beggar, Ill give it a look and a try!!!