Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Time to Reload.

Discussion in News started by Ray, Feb 3, 2011

1. Nov 30, 2010
    I like the reload but don't like the waiting around for the next round if you die as a zombie. I like the respawn idea with fewer HP's. I think it would make it more fun for both zombies and humans. Humans have something to kill and zombies continue to play.
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    I agree with moose. Every reload server I've played on had zombies re-spawn and I would probably end up leaving if I have to wait for the next round.. :frown:
  3. Oct 10, 2010
    on our reload server there was when zombie die, respawn as human with protection time.
    but this probably dont work with ZR plugin
  4. Sep 5, 2010
    i at least understand the concept of re-spawn as zombie, but re-spawning into human is just dumb.... it defeats the whole purpose of actually trying to survive...

Also if we do have re-spawn can you explain to me why zombies need less health? They are going to come back either way so the amount of health they have is irrelevant.

Anyway complaining about dying goes back to my whole point about SKILL. If you're any good you WONT die. You will get rewarded with hp for every human you kill. Like i said reload takes skill, and dying over and over again isn't skill. Decreasing zombie health to compensate for re-spawn doesn't work because THEY JUST COME BACK. That doesn't compensate for re-spawn whatsoever.
  5. Oct 10, 2010
    but the OB update ruined the server, so we closed it -.-
  6. Sep 5, 2010
    I never said it didnt work, im just saying that i think that idea is plain dumb.
  7. Oct 10, 2010
    but its just a variant to go hunt zombies + prevent from being bored spectator...
  8. Nov 29, 2010
    I like the idea of reduced life, but instant respawn
  9. Nov 30, 2010
    Maybe, but it wouldn't hurt to try and see if it works and people like it or not.

If you like zombie hunting it would add another level of complexity if zombies are respawning. So if you're running around in the open a zombie with less hp's is easier to kill but it's still more difficult because there are more.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how much skill you have. You're gonna get turned and you're gonna get killed. I played last nite and when it was 1 zombie vs more than 1 human the zombie would just walk away. Now you have to wait and hope more zombies would come or he would come back with friends.
  10. Sep 5, 2010
    Can you explain to me what the point of reducing health is if they just come back.... Its basically giving them infinite health. Not being a dick just want to know the reasoning behind this school of thought.
  11. Nov 29, 2010
    Reducing health balances it a little. If they respawn and have a good sized amount of HP, then if they flock and respawn and keep stacking then chances are that'll be a cheesed strategy.
    Gives humans a better chance and balances the game a little.
  12. Aug 18, 2006
    It's perfectly reasonable. Round times are 5 minutes and it takes a minute or two for there to be a reasonable number of zombies. If you and 2 other people are holding a spot off and kill a zombie, the zombie will have to wait 30 seconds to respawn. At which point it will take time for the same zombie to walk over to you to try and kill you (IF he decides to go back to you in the first place). By which time you would have killed even more zombies with a minute or two left on the clock, which would have to go through the same process as the zombie I just described.

It's not zombies with infinite health. It's an endless supply of zombies. There's a big difference.

This works, trust me. I've seen it in action before. I played many reload servers before I found PlagueFest.
  13. Sep 5, 2010
    Yeah i get what you're saying now, as long as the respawn isn't instant i think it would be fine. I guess i am just nostalgic for like the early early says of zm lol.
  14. Jun 4, 2006
    I think this would probably work out much better. When we were all playing last night when the no respawn, ~5600 HP, more knockback settings, humans won and so did zombies, though I wasn't keeping count so I don't know how balanced it was. We should try timed respawn with less HP. Knockback seems to be pretty good, it probably has room to be reduced by .3 or something. Pushscale is still odd but only when more than 1 person is hitting use on an object, no idea what's going on there.

Also if people can suggest maps for removal I'd appreciate it. I've only removed one and that was roy_highway.
  15. Dec 4, 2010
    What sucks both are great many people vote3d but they have been empty.
  16. Aug 18, 2006
    Thats why I put the servers up in time for the weekend.
  17. Dec 4, 2010
    Well hopefully we will see more people. Still wish the Jailbreak would come up.
  18. Jun 4, 2006
    Servers take time to grow anyway. I gotta edit the other server adverts to get the word out a bit if that hasn't been done already. Need more players to start being regulars in the new servers other than just community members here on site that know about it, which sadly isn't enough :frown:
  19. Dec 4, 2010
    Well yesterday we had pretty good at like 12midnight we had lots of admins and a total f 15-20people it was fun but taz left and other admins left then eventually server got empty.
  20. Jan 30, 2011
    Last night on the reload server there was a good 20 or so people on, but seems to be empty most of today. I joined to see if anyone else would, people joined, but they left while downloading the map. My guess is it took too long to download the map if they don't already have it. But it does seem balanced, and I also agree on the respawn. I've played some zm reload servers where they have respawn disabled which gets a little boring after getting killed by stuck in prop and needing to wait till the next round in order to play again.