Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Time until maps can be replayed.

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Ghost, Jul 28, 2012

Move the no of maps down?

No 10 vote(s) 55.6%
A little (ie; 9/10) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Significanlty (ie; 6/7) 8 vote(s) 44.4%
  1. May 14, 2011
    I vote 6, it's an even number and is right around the number of well-played maps that generally brings in population. 14 is just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to high D:
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    discussed so many times with lot of different opinions,
    but i can agree that ze and mg dont need to have same amount of recently played maps, because most mg maps are quite random if its not a course map...

The problem with ze is at the moment that there are more and more good maps (or maps people really like) ....like exorath, saw, dejavu and even the portal map is often played even if its always a fail...take these 4 maps and pred,mako,paranoid,paper +2lotr maps = we have 10maps people really like and want to play if the other maps arent avaible .....so a number over 10 is recommended in my point of view, so we can play at least some good classic maps in 1 circle..
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 14, 2011

This is only in MG. Mg is based on multi games where the replay value is very high.

This is why it needs to be lowered.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I agree, MG needs to be lowered to around six.
    • May 30, 2012
      Zombie Mod = 5 Rounds
      Mini Game = 5 Rounds

IMO. :vampire:
    • Jan 31, 2011
      I would say that you could reduce it as drastically as you wanted.

To be honest, if a map is desired by the majority of the server at any given time, that's where the server ought to go! Within 1-2 map changes, the population of a server can change to an almost completely different set of folks, which may indeed decide they want to return to the map from 1, 2, 3, 4, etc rounds ago.

But a 5-session interval before you can return sounds reasonable.
    • May 14, 2011
      Time to tag the roots in case they miss this thread.

@Kyle (In charge of servers)
      @Josh (In charge of MG)

^reasons why i tagged you.
      Post Merged, Jul 28, 2012
      And i'd just like to say, I love how the people why said no don't actually play MG on a regular basis.
    • May 14, 2012
      why does everyone think ze needs such a high number of maps played to be able to replay a map?? is there any real reason?
    • Jul 16, 2012
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Voted no, because FUCK long course maps. Mostly everytime I come to MG we are having fun on a good map, then it goes to a course map. Then it gets extended forever cause people want to beat it, then we go to another map, then its a course map again.

There is no need to lower it, as it reduces the chance of really long maps getting constantly played, and has more time for actual Minigames.

Also LOL at ZE guys. L2r forum
    • Jul 16, 2012
      The past few days I've been on (probably 4-7 hours a day) there has been very few maps that are actually extended, and with that I've not once seen a course extended aside from Kirbies every now & then.
      Lowering the lock-out periods of maps will help ensure variety and of course, means some maps won't be extended due to no other good maps on the nomination list.
    • Mar 19, 2012
      I don't think it needs to be decreased. I already see the same maps like n64 goldeneye and ski maintain get played over and over. Why must we play them MORE? The only reason I stopped playing ze is because they play the same 5 maps over and over and has gotten completely boring because of that. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to MG.

I think there are 2 groups of people. Group One who want to play the same maps or their favorite few maps OVER AND OVER AND OVER. And group two who want a diversity and don't really give a shit about which map it is, as long as its something new. If we choose to cater to group 1, then group 2 players will leave the server all together. We need to make both groups happy and I think PF has done a good job with the recently played limit for MG atleast.

I think this is more of an issue for those who just join to nominate their favorite map and are disappointed that it was played 3 rounds ago. We have TONS and TONS of epic maps why do we need to play the same ~5? That is what this thread is about right? playing the same 5 maps over and over?

Conclusion: DO NOT CHANGE.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      The problem isn't time of maps it's lack of quality maps. That's why you see the same ones repeatedly played. We have 6 great maps and 20 trash filler maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • May 14, 2011
      Actually they don't. How could they if the map cycle is 12 or so maps. You would have to play ~6hours to see golden eye again. Some maps you just want to go back to to play.

Also you don't play nearly enough MG to see maps cycle, you come on for maybe an hour at a time.

A map repeated every 2.5/3 hours which is what is proposed by the 6 map cycle is not a bad time at all, as someone mentioned above, most of the crowd will change by that time.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      I never personally understood map hipsters. From ZE complaining about Mako to this it seems like a select few (same guys repeatedly) would rather we play badly designed maps for just the sake of playing them. We don't have to stick our dick, head deep into a mound of shit to know it was shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Mar 19, 2012

I think you are under the impression that every so often someone will nominate a single map like n64 after the 6 map limit. This is not reality. What will really happen is those 6 most popular maps will be played OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER until a root changes the limit back to 14. People will watch the recently played map list for their favorite map and the very second that it is nominatable, they will nominate it.

most of the crowd will change but that doesn't matter because when they rejoin they will just be put right back on the same maps they left.
      Post Merged, Jul 28, 2012
      Who are you to decide what are "good" maps?? Are you really so blind that you think mako/pred are the ONLY good maps in existence? ZE as well as MG have 30+ maps EACH that are good/quality/fun maps.
    • Mar 16, 2008
      I'm not changing MG, People rtv as soon as they get a chance on almost every single map. I set the rtv at 5 minutes up from 2 minutes because of that. They still try to cycle maps so they get to play a specific map again. If I lower the map rotation numbers, I'm raising the rtv to 10 minutes.
    • May 14, 2011
      No they wont. I can assure you I have never seen anyone even use a "!nominate <map name>" bind. MG is way more chilled out over the maps. Even before the update when the limit was lower that didn't matter.
      Okay, seems fair. I would go for that compromise.

EDIT: And the rtv limit was something I asked to be put up. O.o I don't like maps getting rtv'd. Would be nice if you chucked out all the bad maps then. :smile: . @Kyle said the map time should be raised. I would agree with this for multi game maps. Just, if you did this, could you keep the single maps such as smash floor and course at like <20 mins.