Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Titanfall

Discussion in Gaming started by Taters, Aug 21, 2013

1. Mar 12, 2008
    I'm drunk as shit right now, and I saw this in a thread on reddit. I'm not really one for mech type games, but it looks really cool. I like how you can interact with the mechs and deploying/commanding one looks pretty easy too. I like how you can eject when it's about to go boom. It looks like you can sort of parkour too. wall-running and jetpack jumping to reach higher areas/clear obstacles. All in all interesting. I'll keep my eye on this for sure.

There's a ton of interesting mechanics going on during fights too.

This video is good too.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Aug 1, 2011
      I watched a video on it earlier, looks pretty sweet. Hopefully the game isn't a flop.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      http://www.titanfall.com/beta
      More information about the game:
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 3, 2012
      • Dec 8, 2013
        i have it for PS4. haven't played it yet though. p.s., i'm drunk too!
      • Apr 9, 2012

Even though it's so heavily modified it's as if it's a new Source
      • Mar 19, 2011
      • Jun 11, 2012
        I think you are too drunk to know what you have. Since it's only for XBone and PC :razz:.

I think 8v8 would have been better but more than that you are asking for a cluster eff. 6v6 in a tight environment with mechs seems good. Though Respawn said they might revisit this at later date since it's easier to release extensive update now on this gen and still get it good for PC.
      • Mar 4, 2012

Idk about only being 6 v 6 though.

I think I was spoiled by SOCOM III's 16 v 16. Best online I've ever played for a shooter.
      • Dec 8, 2013
        HUH! It seems you are correct. Wonder what game it is I have then o_O
      • Nov 29, 2010
        Looks great, and I can play it during my spring break, maybe we can finally get a change of pace compared to todays "Spunkgargleweewee" MMS Disease.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          yay got a beta invite. Let's try this game out right now!
        • Feb 11, 2012
          Amazing source engine game, shit tons of fun.
          those low res textures look neat.
          also I doubt they're never gonna let us make custom maps, or even let us host own servers which is kinda sad.
          EDIT: I have to say that csgo is dog shit compared to this.
          • Funny Funny x 1
            titty, Feb 15, 2014 Last edited by titty, Feb 15, 2014
          • Dec 11, 2013
            I will TRY IT one day ~:dance:
          • Jun 11, 2012
            After playing the beta for 40 minute, I am hooked like being hooked on monkey phonics. Though a lot of people don't understand what a beta means and expected this was a bullet proof play session.....Such to be naive like a modern kid...
          • Nov 29, 2010
            I like this game because of how dynamic the battles are. Want an example?

[IMG]
          • Mar 12, 2008
            At 50 seconds in, you have 3 hands.
          • Apr 9, 2012
            I have been playing it for several houres now, and I've become kinda of addicted to it. I also quickly adapted to the game mechanics and I can definitly tell there are still lots of new players as some people seem to be unwary of what they do xD But so far,i t's been an amazing experience and even for a beta, it feels extremely polished already, and the performance for the amount of detail and action combined is acceptable, though I think they could improve.

Battles are very, very dynamic and there's always something going on.

I'm uploading some videos now, I play with the assassin, which is by far the best class. You can walk through the entire map unnoticed and easily ambush the enemies from behind with cloak and surpressed autopistol.
          • Apr 9, 2012
            I really like the flow of the gameplay. Most of the time I was quite lost or just completely confused by the insane amount of action and things going on at once, it's a really engaging game. I usually play Sniper, so not having a Scoped Rifle and a long range is something to me yet even playing as CQC is more engaging and enthralling than your average FPS. Which also reminds me of how great the optimization in this game is. Using my dirty beaten old laptop and still getting 40~ fps on near top graphics. I can't even play CS:GO or WoT with this much fidelity, which really shows just how well made this game is. Only thing I would like in this is a pseudo world of war, much like Planetside 2. Don't know if that would be possible with the amount of detail in the world, but it's a wish.