Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

To Management...

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Santa Zoey, Oct 11, 2014

1. Dec 10, 2013
    This is an open message to all the @Management staff.

I have made this thread in the name of all the Zombie Escape players who frequent PlagueFest's Zombie Escape server because I think that more than never is the perfect time to do this kind of thread directed to the management staff.

I have been a member of your community for a year now and I do have to point out your server is enjoyable, but while I have never been in the Zombie Mod server that much or I don't know if that server has the kind of problems the Zombie Escape server has right now, I can tell you that the server is not going through a good way.

Lately the servers have been under that DDoS attack, while I understand management is doing all they can to free pF from that attack, I don't understand why is it not the perfect time to upgrade your servers with suggestions and plugins, server is empty so updating can't take that long, can it?

I took the time (thanks to @Towelie as well, amongst other members which I also want to thank for) to gather all of the pF ZE tryhards or regulars who agree with me on making a change, if management wishes to see that by themselves, they can look at the Steam Group we made to gather all the people who care about your Zombie Escape server and the people who do want a change for the good or for the best.

During the past weeks we have gathered people's opinions on how could the pF ZE server change, whether its for the good or for the bad, I will always give thanks to the people who helped us by giving their suggestions, they helped us in growing this thread, anyhow, without further ado, I would like to start pointing out at the suggestions people gave during these days, starting with myself.

Before starting I would like to point out that amongst all the suggestions we gathered, most of them were the same and I think these should happen or become true, if you are gonna ignore the later post at least do not ignore these.

!sm and !stopsound were included by most of the people who suggested
    Ent-Watch
    Having Anti-Bunnyhop removed

My opinion: If you were to ask me what is missing and what shouldn't be there on the pF ZE server, I'd go first with what is missing:

!sm and !stopsound, seriously, do you REALLY need to make your own plugin when there's already a public plugin that almost every server uses? if you have to ask, yes, it is mandatory to have these plugins, I'm no server admin by any means, but every server has them, every single damn server I've been on has both of these plugins, why pF doesn't have them? And come on, how much time does it take to add a plugin to the server?

The Grenade Limit is absolutely ridiculous as well, you can only buy a grenade once and if you accidentally threw it away you can't rebuy one as the grenade limit is set to only buy one, as for picking them up from a dead teammate, you can only pick up three grenades? most servers I know of don't have this limitation.

I think the 900 ammo limit is too low for most maps, for example, Mako, Fapescape, amongst others, in other servers your ammo limit is 2000 and I think that should be enough for most or all maps (maps that increase the ammo limit), doing this would be great for the server.

Anti-Grief should be replaced with Ent-Watch, with Ent-Watch you can see the items and who has them in a list that can be activated or deactivated with !hud, this is mainly a great plugin for maps with lots of items (Mako, Westersand, hell, even mountain escape), and it does what Anti-Grief does but way way much better, AG should simply be gone and be replaced with Ent-Watch, difference is radical.

As it has been suggested on a previous thread, randomizing votation (and disabling 1, 2 and 3 from votation) will help the server when it comes to map nominating, it has not happened once or twice or thrice, it has happened a million times a good map gets changed by a map that kills the server, this has been an issue for months and yet I have never seen a solution to it

Paying for donator should get their price down to 5USD now that the server has died, if the ZE server ever gets people back I think with such a low price everyone would pay for donator, I would pay for donator for such a cheap price, but keeping the 10$ tag now that the server is dead is not a good strategy to keep it in such a price, once the server gets populated again and people frequent it, you can raise up the price again.

Now for what should be gone:

Personally (amongst with others) I think that the anti-bhop plugin is terrible, I've been told that some servers manage bunnyhop with a console command for some maps, it is better having it limited for some maps than having such a half-assed plugin, sometimes you can bunnyhop and sometimes you just get stuck, all servers I've been on allow bunnyhop except for pF, and I think that the bhop rule should be gone (people even get warned/kicked/banned for bunnyhopping in circles...)

I think that the way pF handles their rules is way too strict, most of the ZE regular-tryhards are banned (Gangstalicious, pearlsnaps, Jaenas, etc...) NOTE, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE RULE SHOULD BE GONE, but I think they should all be given a second chance, being super-strict towards some of the rules like bunnyhop and racial slurs and whatnot is not a good way to prove the server is good, instead it can actually give it a bad reputation (but then again, this does not mean that rules shouldn't be there, just they should be more flexible)

Paying for admin can be one of the worst ideas I could personally have ever thought of, it just opens the door to people who want to abuse and go further in breaking the rules, I have never seen such a thing before, in that case, why not just selling LSA and Management slots as well? In most communities people select their admins and their Lead Server Admins, but in here, you have to keep buying admin until you can level up enough to become a LSA, have in mind if someone who is thirsty on power buys this, its gonna be a bad time for pF, not that it will happen anyways, the server is already dead.

Since there is nothing else I can say about the server and you (hopefully) have read everything, I think it is now time for you to listen to other people's suggestions as well, so lets start with Rexy's suggestions:

1. Remove anti bhop, we don't need that shit, hellz handles it in a better way by disabling bhop with a fucking console command, gfl does it also but only on certain maps

2. Remove anti grief and replace it with Entwatch, entwatch is anti grief but more updated and better.

3. Add stopsound. Are you serious? It is sad that this is the only server that doesn't have it...

4. Add the self mute system, nobody wants to hear tewfens voice and the player list mute sometimes doesn't even work.

Also unban all of your cool regulars that got permbanned just for saying "THING", this is one of the reasons a ton of people hate the servers.

Towelie's suggestions:

It can't be that hard to bring some usefull pluggins in, wich we seriously need !
    Totally agree with rexy i have nothing more to add.
    Change or RIOT!!!!
    !sm (self-mute) / !stopsound / !hud / AFK - donor kick system / map rotation / voteing system / anti-bhop (worst fucking pluggin ever made) etc. . .
    It can't be that hard !!!

- maybe allow family sharing, out of all bans are like 80% family sharing unsuported

Wookienator's suggestions:

1. Solve the issue where you die at the beginning of a round when you don't pick your class withing 2 seconds. Really, what is that?

2. Make donator cheaper. More people will buy it and are automatically bound to the server. it also shows new player that the server must be awesome if so many players have custom classes.

Optional suggestions:

3. More ammo for players (but I think they already increased ammo)

4. Change server location for something more near east/middle US. More players from europe, due to the better connection. People from the US should keep their pings (can someone confirm?)

5. Change ZM models maybe. The half Zombie can knive through cades.

6. Disable that you spawn with a random zm class

opalqnka's suggestions:

1) Again, I go with my suggestion to increase the number of maps that have to be played before a certain map can be nominated again. There are over a 120 maps in the ze server and only a dozen are played most of the time. It just gets boring at some point, people need diversity. And I mean a radical increase. However, I can see how this may hurt the server - if some players are only joining for Mako/Minas/Predator/etc they'll hate this suggestion. It's a risk to be taken.

2) I agree that some poeple should get unbanned for saying the n-word or for something similar - better just gag them for the rest of the map. For every map, if needed.

3) Put events back on the table. The donators/admin gifts are not that important as the cooperation between players and the desire to beat a map like fapescape, skyrim, old convoy / new convoy, stalker (especially stalker - we never had an event for that map), traak, tkara, etc. Just have 1-2 week notice before the actual event. And please - choose the time so that europeans can attend as well. Have events distributed around the week - someone might be working during weekends, or Tuesday-Sathurday, or whatever. So - one event per week in a different day of the week at a reasonable time.

Also, you are right - a lot of people are playing zombie escape in CS:GO. There is one european server EU [ZEUS] that is 58/58 all the time. pF should consider doing something about creating a ze CS:GO server as others have done. If pF does not create a name for itself it'll be difficult to promote the pf server to the players. Communities are formed elsewhere, that's the problem. Maybe if we can bring the ze CS:S server back to be mostly full the management could promote the idea of starting a GO server and see if people like it.

About the number of maps being played before a map can be nominated again - maybe Elvin is right about reducing the number. What I suggest is to have a test period - say for one month the number is reduced then for one month it's increased and compare the statistics. Maps should not be removed - if people don't want to play a map - they don't vote it. But having a choice is better than having just a buntch of maps. Basically - for every suggested change - have a test period.

Elvin C.'s suggestions:

- I agree with rexy and towelie about the plug ins cause the only good pf plug is pfly/ !party.

- I agree with wookie ammo sugesstion. EX: In mako if u use ur primary till the end of the boss u would have 0 ammo. but the price of donator is fine imo (10$) BUT maybe pf should get a perma donator but INITIALLY make it a cheaper price till pF gets more "respect/ popular"? (or at least better repuation) then u can change the price to w.e amount.

- I also agree w/ undead cause even if u have nice plug ins now, there no point if ppl still see pf negativly; so what rexy said about unbanning the "cool kids" and probably give them a pardon. (of course if they still troll or w.e just give them the usual warning, warning kick/ ban)

- Spaz is also right about the rules, its good to have rules but make sure admins r more strict for certain/ specific rules and not just strict for every rules; u can be strict about racism but not dont have the same strict level towards bhop or zm infalting (just some examples)

- I agree with opal suggestions about the events and bans but when it comes to the map suggestion, i personally say you should reduce the overall of map the pf has since only certains maps people would play (and im not sayying put only mako, minas, harry potter, ice caps etc but reomove some maps that are NEVER played. Also maybe reduce the mphist duration to a lower number so more popular map can be on rotation ( I knw this can produce the THIS MAP IS OVERPLAYED but tbh id rather have a overplayed map on more often that brings ppl in like mako, HP etc than to see pf have a lot of map diversity that nobody even wants to play)

Optional - If you are gonna add perma donator make it similar to gfl where u can customize the colour and tag but allow the VIP to do it themsleves rather than having 1 person do it for u. EX: juky in gfl (idk his position title in gfl) rather than waitin for one person to do it it for you, u should be able to customized whenever u r in pf.

Optional - Allow admins to aboose to a certain degree; if people want a popular map but ppl vote for a sht map due to being scared ex: mako then id say admins should force (i knw this will not be popular but this again goes to id rather see pf ina over played map with ppl than witha map with no ppl at all) of course you can change this when pf is more "popular" but im jsut stating this in pf current state.

Optional - I would even go as far as changing the pf name since the name of pf drags on with alot of negative tags with it. this is optional and just a minior sugesstion to a big thing.

Tewfen's suggestions:

I believe we need to bring the zombie setting down a ton then we can start beating maps, develop a great reputation and stop this insane deadness (is deadness a word?) in the servers. I want self mute as well.

Juls' suggestions:

Plugins
    1. Remove Anti-Grief and instead add entWatch.
    2. Remove Anti-Bhop because there’s an obvious reason why experienced players learn this to prevent casuals taking critical items.
    3. Add !sm (Self Mute).

Changes
    1. Unban the ZE regulars who can carry the rest on difficult maps, for example: Gangstalicious (G272), Pearlsnaps (flog), Jaenas and many known others.
    2. At least for ZE: remove the “Pay for admin” system and instead let the community choose their admins: experienced players who know the maps, matures but allowing funny situations, with common sense, etc.
    3. Map vote list starting with number 4 to prevent vote spammers.
    4. At least 1000 bullets for all weapons on difficult maps (FF maps, Predator, etc.) or for those who have long holds (such as enviolinador’s maps).
    5. Remove the Half-Zombie model because it’s very over-powered in certain situations.
    6. Add a Permanent Donor system like GFL with his VIP option.
    7. Make ZE events regularly where prizes are special winner skins or appearing in a “Hall of Fame” in the main pF web site.

And finally, the most important change that has to be done:

8. All pF admins should stop being so strict: the fundamental problem of the "Pay for admin" system is that it gives the chance for immature power-hungry people to misunderstand their role and transforming them to fun-police/Nazi dictators.

pF Management people has to consider that the ZE server it’s dying and if they don’t want to end up like many others ZE servers who have died (Bor3d Gaming, S.T.F.U., etc.), they should make changes as soon as possible, considering that Counter-Strike: Source in general it’s losing people because they are moving to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

@Management, we need a change, look at all the people who are encouraging you to make a change maybe not just only for the pF ZE server but for plagueFest community in general, we do not need plugins made by the management team, we need the basic plugins every server uses and that we are happy with when we play there, we do not need to become admins by buying a suscription, we need admins carefully chosen from our community, and most important, we don't need a change, we need an actual overhaul to the server, what is pF known for, for having tracers and party system? why not having it be known for having a full plugin support?

Don't you guys feel bad when somebody types !sm <namegoeshere> and it doesn't work? and going to the players list doesn't work either? that plugin that management "made" that claimed to fix that problem was never released and was never heard of again, we don't need that, we want !sm, we don't want to download a third-party addon to lower weapon sounds or manually lower the weapon sound only, we want !stopsound, we don't want Anti-Grief, we want Ent-Watch, and as stated, we don't want a change, we want an overhaul, an overhaul to help pF stand out in GameTracker again and when people join they find a great community.

tl;dr management, its time you make a fresh start from ZERO and make of pF what everyone wants it to be, to bring the people back in the table with a second chance, to make it the server everyone wants to be at and donate to, to make it what pF should've been since its start.

Management, your members have spoken and now its time for you to listen to us, we will all be waiting for a change, for a completely new pF, everything we had to say has been said, the rest is up to you.

- Santa Zoey
    • Like x 9
    • Agree x 9
    • Good Idea x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Well... that was really insightful. Thanks for taking the time and effort into making the server better. I agree with you SanSan. ^.^ :beer:
    • Apr 28, 2013
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
        I don't think putting a lot of time into a server for a dying game is really worth it. I'd rather see us launch GO ZM/ZE servers.

EDIT: NUMBERS!
        • Agree Agree x 11
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          Seeker, Oct 11, 2014 Last edited by Seeker, Oct 11, 2014
        • Jan 30, 2013
          But at the very least, sm/stopsound/antigrief.

Also, bhopping shouldn't be a problem at all. The ze settings are terrible for it (not saying it cant be used against the humans effectively), but your avg randy won't benefit from it on ze. If the rule got removed completely(not just the plugin), it's only fair to remove the perms/bans related to it imo.

Also, CSGO ZE is either DOA or will take a few more years. By then another game may end up being a better home for it.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nov 26, 2013
            I hope this will act as a catalyst to the changes pF has needed for a long time. Of all the excellent ideas suggested I would like to say one sticks out to me as the biggest problem that will make all of this hard work for naught if not changed. PAY FOR ADMIN! This needs to be changed today. You cannot have sustained growth if A.) the members who want to spend their time investing into your community are turned away because they won't pay, and B.) those who simply pay for admin come on knowing near nothing (please do not say otherwise, it is laughable how much knowledge of ZE exists between these walls) and *****try**** to enforce a variety of absurd rules while ignoring blatant trolls and griefers out of sheer ZE ignorance. Please, for the love of your server, recruit admins properly. Even if every other change were to happen I would still not re-new my canceled donator if this issue were left to continue poisoning the community down to the core; it makes the server straight up unplayable in my eyes. Thanks for reading, I know we can make this a fun place to be again.

edit: If you've given up on CSS as a game then leave, your antagonism will get us nowhere. Other servers are populated there is no reason pF can't be.
            • Agree Agree x 5
              Tendub, Oct 11, 2014 Last edited by Tendub, Oct 11, 2014
            • Mar 12, 2008
              I agree with seeks.

The game is dying off hard, CS:GO is where the party is at now. CS:S can only dream to get even near the numbers CS:GO gets on a daily basis, and a part of that daily number of CS:S (which is not very high) is our servers. Even 1.6 has more current AND daily players than CS:S now.

pic for reference:

While the DDoS didn't help things, I don't think moving servers to and fro will work either. A certain someone did this once upon a time and killed his community dead because of all the IP changes.

Also: 2. Remove Anti-Bhop because there’s an obvious reason why experienced players learn this to prevent casuals taking critical items.

fucking lol, I think this is why we should keep the anti-bhop plugin. Do you know how many "Casuals" don't know how to use the materia/map critical items since they never get them? While this isn't your argument, it's a pretty weak one and you shouldn't have even considered listing it.
              • Agree Agree x 3
              • Jan 21, 2011
                Also, the argument against pay4admin doesn't really hold water. We've had some badmins because of it, but they've been handled accordingly. The system has worked well for the 3+ years I've been a member of pF.
                • Agree Agree x 4
                • Aug 30, 2013
                  I just want to add this point that there are essentially 4 levels of admins in these servers.

Level one has basic abilities mainly to stop people using racial slurs etc and this level anyone can get really.
                  Level two & 3 Have slightly more abilities but you have to prove to the LSA's, management etc that you deserve that level
                  and you also have to have a clear record, if you abuse your abilities at any stage chances are you will not get move to the next level.
                  Level 4 (LSA) is not something an admin can really apply for, you have to prove you deserve this over all of the other admins and
                  then and only then will you possibly be chosen.

Paying for admin is actually a rather decent idea, if you have to spend money your going to be less inclined to do anything to waste it,
                  think about it this way, You spend your money even thought its only $15USD a month are you going to want to waste that? or option B
                  the players vote you in as an admin, it costs you nothing and you really have nothing to lose...........I personally think option B would
                  cause far more admin abuse issues.

This is just my opinion of course.
                  • Agree Agree x 3
                  • May 25, 2012
                    Still waiting for a GO ZE server. Also, I'd think moves like adding anti-grief in the first place was a bad idea. People go ape-shit when they don't get what they want and instantly pin blame on that person specifically, driving them away. It's not very nice to play CS:S anymore with its current community.
                    • Agree Agree x 5
                    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                    • Mar 15, 2011
                      1. Unban the ZE regulars who can carry the rest on difficult maps, for example: Gangstalicious (G272), Pearlsnaps (flog), Jaenas and many known others.
                      2. At least for ZE: remove the “Pay for admin” system and instead let the community choose their admins: experienced players who know the maps, matures but allowing funny situations, with common sense, etc.
                      3. Map vote list starting with number 4 to prevent vote spammers.
                      4. At least 1000 bullets for all weapons on difficult maps (FF maps, Predator, etc.) or for those who have long holds (such as enviolinador’s maps).
                      5. Remove the Half-Zombie model because it’s very over-powered in certain situations.
                      6. Add a Permanent Donor system like GFL with his VIP option.
                      7. Make ZE events regularly where prizes are special winner skins or appearing in a “Hall of Fame” in the main pF web site.

And finally, the most important change that has to be done:

8. All pF admins should stop being so strict: the fundamental problem of the "Pay for admin" system is that it gives the chance for immature power-hungry people to misunderstand their role and transforming them to fun-police/Nazi dictators.

pF Management people has to consider that the ZE server it’s dying and if they don’t want to end up like many others ZE servers who have died (Bor3d Gaming, S.T.F.U., etc.), they should make changes as soon as possible, considering that Counter-Strike: Source in general it’s losing people because they are moving to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
                      100% agree holy shit thank you. Also pay for admin is stupid and heres why. Times change. People change for better or worse. Might have been a good idea to get pF started 2006-2010 but now its just bad since CS:S is dying. Also don't count on CS:GO too much. I know a community that pinned their hopes on that so much and flat out died. And if you want to keep admin I'd rather have the rates increase for adminship on all servers than to have someone from ZM telling a ZE player what to do. ZM is very different from ZE. To have admin on all servers is ridiculous. The other best option would be to start from zero meaning demote or remove ze admins and build it back up again.
                      • Agree Agree x 2
                      • Jun 29, 2014
                        • Agree Agree x 3
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Funny Funny x 1
                        • Mar 15, 2011
                          This is probably where it all went wrong. http://plaguefest.com/threads/meet-the-plaguefest-dream-team.5675/ We had so much fun back then. Then people who were win-autists got butthurt and said this isn't fun this should be against the rules. And now people are banned for 2 hops and joining steam groups for criticizing how bad pF is currently doing.

PS aprz wrong thread but a prime example on how strictly admins follow the motd
                        • Jan 21, 2011
                          I don't think anything changed as a result of that thread... and why mention Aprz?
                        • Jun 29, 2014
                          cause the posts got messed up , i saw it to
                          • Winner Winner x 1
                          • Feb 25, 2014
                            Some people just want to blame the problems of the world on admins, because some had some issue's with some doesn't mean there the problem, this reason won't even hold because there is no real evidence building a argument like that expect for some pissed of people.
                          • Mar 30, 2012
                            I don't want to really post, but I guess I have to.

From what I've seen, the higher ups have already given up on the ZE server completely.
                            Instead of removing silly plugins, and maybe un-banning people who were banned for saying the N -word once, or who joined a steam group jokingly.

I've seen so many people who I played with banned from pF Permanently for stupid reasons during my time in this community, and now all that is left of ZE is an empty server.
                            Something has to change, or the server can just be closed, because right now, it's not going to work out.

You've thrown all the old regulars out, and now that they are gone, the server doesn't even really "start", and instead, stays empty.
                            • Agree Agree x 6
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • Zing! Zing! x 1
                            • Jul 8, 2012
                              There was a mass unbanning a while ago. People have been rebanned since. Doesn't really work like that sadly.
                            • Nov 11, 2011
                              Okay, personally, I've never given a shit about the racism policy. I've enforced it but was never a fan of it. Banning people based off something they said like the N-word is just ridonkulous. Everyone damn well knows we go to other servers and run our mouths off because it's enjoyable to just release frustration. Do that in pF and you get banned. A many good players have been lost due to this policy. Another gripe I have is the lack of classes and models in game. Filesize is always an excuse and how people don't want to download when they first connect. That's horseshit. We want variety and your regulars need change. It's the same thing day after day and simplicty is boring. Also, the grenade limit is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. "OH THERE IS A GRENADE...OH THAT'S RIGHT, I ALREADY PICKED UP 3." Wtf? I'm critical of these things because I used to play regularly but stopped playing as much because no one listens to suggestions. I'm sure many regulars feel the same.
                              • Agree Agree x 6
                              • Winner Winner x 1
                              • Zing! Zing! x 1
                              • Dec 1, 2013
                                Agree completely. I remember when I first started playing on ZE last year and we were on one of the Final Fantasy maps (Westersand, IIRC). One of our teammates died and I randomly picked up their special item (Water?) cause I had no pistol for some reason. Literally the first time playing. Because I had no idea what to do with it and accidentally used it on the wrong time, I got bitched at by everyone and by Fluffeh (who completely handled it incorrectly). That was a massive turn off. lol
                                • Funny Funny x 1