Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Today's Downtime

Discussion in News started by Ray, Apr 14, 2011

1. Aug 18, 2006

The CS:S/Source Engine update broke our servers. At the very least it looks like MetaMod is broken, and if MM is broken, SM will likely be broken, so that means offsets have likely changed. This means that the server will likely be down for a few hours while we work on damage control. We will put the servers back online as soon as possible.
  2. Mar 17, 2011
  3. Apr 14, 2011

Good luck though!!
  4. Jan 12, 2011
    Wow some update... Thanks Haplo Valve and your magical game breaking abilities.. :wallbash:

Good luck, Ray and pF Owners/ Techies!

PS: Please don't Internet Break me, Haplo Valve. I love my games too much. <3
  5. Apr 6, 2011
  6. Jan 12, 2011
    Also, FYI (until someone says otherwise), Vent seems to be suffering a mild case of Death by Lag. It connects, but is virtually unusable due to the extreme lag, apparently server-side according to Bad. (My ping went up to 31,547 - WOWZERS!)

I know the servers are priority, and Vent might be out of your control, but just posting the news here. Hopefully it'll sort itself out in a little while. :confused:
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah our vent host sucks, I say fuck it let's just host our own mumble...
  8. Jan 21, 2011
    Is mumble better than teamspeak 3? I've always liked teamspeak.
  9. Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah the vent server is really bad with lag. Btw I am so bored without the servers working ahh someone cure my boredom...
  10. Jan 12, 2011
    I like Teamspeak 3, too. I've popped into a friend's clan's TS server to talk with him while playing Killing Floor, and it looks really awesome. They have channels and different settings for things and permissions for users... And on top of it all is a steady and clear voice chat. Works like a charm, and thus has my vote for a new Voice Server. :yes:

Have you heard of Minecraft? :razz:
  11. Dec 17, 2010

Good Luck GUYS!!!
  12. Apr 13, 2011
    Guys if you need I can host you guys either a Ventrilo server or Mohawk Server for free. Or even host you guys a Mumble.
  13. Mar 30, 2011
    i will be able to host a Teamspeak 3 server for you guys if needed,
  14. Jun 4, 2006
    Gonna give mumble a run, see how it does. Been setting it up...
  15. Feb 23, 2011
  16. Aug 2, 2010
    Almost there! Hold on for a little longer guys. Thanks for your patience and a BIG xoxo to the techs at pF.
  17. Aug 18, 2006
    Everything should be online and working now.

Thanks to the MetaMod and SourceMod teams for their rapid updates. Thanks go out to Kyle too. :thumbsup:

Post here if any issues pop up. I'm going to catch a few ZzZz's.
  18. Apr 14, 2011
  19. Dec 7, 2010
    Truly some exceptional work to get the servers back up and running after the update!

Thanks to Ray, Kyle and the rest of the pF team for their efforts and dedication to keep the community running at all times!