Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Toggle mute/gag on a player

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Super Mario, Nov 22, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    I made this asking for a suggestion if there can be toggle mute or gagnon the servers. I know this may seem stupid but sometimes I get really annoyed hearing people on the mic talking even if they are nplateauing the rules. In games like black ops or others, you can mute the player you want to during a game only for youreself. If you guys want me to put more details, I'll edit it and put more but I guess this pretty much explains my suggestion because I find it out pretty cool and this way I don'twhale to wait for admins to go on or keep on hearing them talking or chat in game.
  2. Sep 6, 2012
    Esc --> Player List --> Mute in-game voice
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Brian
      This message by Brian has been removed from public view. Deleted by Brian, Nov 22, 2012, Reason: ninja'd.
      Nov 22, 2012
    • May 14, 2011
      Please don't repeat what danmaku said. I feel this will be a thread of 20 people not reading the replies and saying the same thing over and over again!

And danmaku is right. This thread can now probably be locked.
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Was this reply even necessary? :thinking:

Pretty sure Mario would have just said "hey thanks" and the thread would die, but ok.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Artistic Artistic x 1
        • Feb 14, 2012
          Player list mutes don't work on all talk servers last I checked.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Oct 17, 2011
            Looks like this thread won't die yet Brian. Thanks for your amazing reply Ghost.
            Edit: it's not like ever replied shit to your old posts that were not necessary or were being used just to count your post up. Sorry for being mean but it really wasn't nice and I was only suggesting.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 12, 2012
              Esc --> Player List --> Mute in-game voice

thats it your welcome :smile:
            • May 15, 2011
            • Apr 1, 2012
              afaik the mute player list only work on voice chat :/
            • Jun 4, 2006
              Shouldn't you be paying attention to what players are saying over voice / typing in chat as an admin? If this is something you want for all servers on css, send valve a message. We have no plans on developing & implementing an "ignore" feature for our servers.
              • Like Like x 2
              • Apr 1, 2012
                well I don't know if I'm going to be an admin forever :/ but oh well, point taken
              • Jun 4, 2006
              • Feb 21, 2007
                I guess I don't understand why you need gag function. One can make a reasonably decent argument about having mute, as some players have very annoying voices, or are just getting on your nerves. But as for chat, there is no sound, and you can simply not look at chat to ignore it.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • May 31, 2012
                  I haven't tried it during in-game, but it would be a nice feature for the demos (if it is possible - which I get the feeling it is not since it is a demo lol). ie: 10 people talking at once and you want to hear what one person said in a demo - use the player lists to mute out the other players.

Just for you, I'm gonna test try this in ZE and ZM next round :razz: I get the feeling that I have the most annoying voice though so players will end up "muting" me.

Thought this picture might be relevant to this conversation too:

[IMG]