Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved TonyTheTiger

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by ΣZΣ | Like a Bauxe, Dec 17, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 27, 2012
    I got a 1 day ban for 'griefing materias'. I was there for 3 rounds.

First round: Got ultima and died to bahamut.
    Second round: Got ultima and died to bahamut.
    Third round: Got earth, swapped it for ultima (someone else took earth) and then used ultima (because we failed the last two times).

@Tony the Tiger!! :grin:

Why did you ban me?

Admin abuse.

edit: not even a fucking warning? Like really?

edit2: since tony seems to think I have been banned in the past for this:

[IMG]
    ΣZΣ | Like a Bauxe, Dec 17, 2013 Last edited by ΣZΣ | Like a Bauxe, Dec 17, 2013
  2. Nov 17, 2012
  3. May 27, 2012
    It was a misunderstanding. He's unbanning you now.
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    I greatly misread admin only chat... A few of us thought throwing it off the edge was trolling. Second thing, i thought anathema told me you were just warned for doing that, and i read it wrong he asked if you were already warned. 3rd, i did lower it to 30 minutes, but i'm gonna unban you. Sorry for the confusion, i didn't know it did actually do something to the bahamut after being tossed off the edge D:

Again, i'm very sorry, didn't know it did damage and i thought you were just warned for doing it a round or two before.

EDIT: I have seriously failed reading what anathema said tonight. I should probably go to bed.
    I thought he said "He does have a history"
    Tony The Tiger, Dec 17, 2013 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Dec 17, 2013
  6. Aug 13, 2013
    This is some funny shit; simply put, its not abuse. It wasn't malicious, it was just stupidity xD.

On a related note, this is the second time an admin(this week) has incorrectly used their powers on ZE because of lack of gamemode knowledge. Terasarex(Not sure on their name) beaconed a CT hiding on ze_lila_panic in the ZM mode, who was hiding from the zombies waiting to win (~25 seconds left). They stated, "stop delaying". That also wasn't abuse because it wasn't malicious just again stupidity. I didn't post about tera because I didn't feel the need to, this incident has shown me that maybe admins could be a little more light handed with their actions when administrating servers that they aren't completely accustomed too.

EDIT: @Tony the Tiger!! :D & @Anathema Response.

I was merely trying to suggest in the future if unsure of something on an unfamiliar server to ask a fellow admin or trusted player. I wasn't criticizing what happened, rather suggesting it can be a learning experience. I personally found it hilarious but I'm sure Bauxe didn't :razz:
    MF JEFF, Dec 17, 2013 Last edited by MF JEFF, Dec 17, 2013
  7. Feb 27, 2012
    You're right, i did lack the knowledge of Mako. Actually, two other admins in the server told me it was griefing as well. And you saying "OH HE'S A TROLL OHHHH" doesn't help the cause either. Instead of trolling and getting other people banned for something they didn't do wrong, don't say anything. This issue has already been resolved, and does not need to be discussed anymore. I apologized to Bauxe and unbanned him, and i now know that tossing ultima over the edge after activation will infact damage the Bahamut. I'm sure you can understand why one would think it wouldn't do damage. It was just a simple misunderstanding and me failing to read what my peers had said correctly.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    It's not like we're power hungry despots, you said it yourself it was a misunderstanding. There's procedures for banning, and the misunderstanding revolved around that.

@MF JEFF We typically ask admins in the admin only chat, which is excatly what we did. All things aside, it's not that serious.
    Anathema, Dec 17, 2013 Last edited by Anathema, Dec 17, 2013
  9. May 27, 2012
    One more thing I want to mention. I would really appreciate if admins stop thinking things like "omg he is in a clan, clearly a troll". Not directed at anyone, but it does seem people think that everyone in EZE is just a massive troll out to ruin shit.

With that, feel free to close / resolve whatever. Thanks for the apology.
  10. Sep 22, 2010

Thank you Bauxe for speaking calmly with our fellow admins.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.