Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Torchlight II

Discussion in Gaming started by Peter, May 22, 2012

1. May 27, 2008
    I'm playing the Torchlight II Beta! I'm really excited for this game release, probably the only one coming out in summer that I'm very excited for. I will be keeping this thread updated for the remainder of the beta [24th of May], switch it around to the main thread around release time, and hopefully those who are also waiting for the game release can add any of their input, discuss it here, or anything else that comes to mind. So without further ado, here's a quick outline of the new Torchlight II character classes, features, screenshots, etc!

Character Classes:

The mysterious Outlander:
    [IMG]
    a gunslinger with some secret weapons!

The academy-trained Embermage:
    [IMG]
    the Empire's front-line spellcaster!

The savage Berserker:
    [IMG]
    a two-fisted barbarian from the frozen north!

The resourceful Engineer:
    [IMG]
    the ironclad powerhouse of the Imperial frontier!

Features:

Multiplayer
    Play co-op with your friends via LAN or over the Internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. Our new matchmaking service lets you find friends, start new games, and join existing games. And, as always, you can play single-player offline as well.

Customizable Characters
    Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.

Moddability
    TorchED, the Torchlight II editor, will give players the ability to create their own mods, adding even more content to the world. Have your friends download the same mod and play together.

New User Interface
    Torchlight II boasts a new and improved user interface, designed to be easier than ever for new players to pick up and play. This intuitive interface ensures you can focus on playing the game the way you want to.

Open World
    We're not only in the town of Torchlight anymore! Explore vast overland areas and multiple hub towns, fight through rain, snow, day and night. Our level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.

New Game Plus
    In New Game Plus, the game's not over until you say it is. Once you've beaten Torchlight II's primary campaign, you can start again with the same character for a significantly greater challenge. You'll keep all of the skills, gold, and gear you worked so hard for!

Pets & Fishing
    These popular features make their return in Torchlight II in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you don’t have to.

Screenshots:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Torchlight is an action role-playing-game for the PC made by the creators of Diablo, Fate, and the never-released Mythos among other games. Set in the mining town of Torchlight, players will adventure to uncover the mysteries of the Ember mines. It offers a fully featured character leveling system, randomized dungeons, hordes of monsters, and gobs of great loot.
    • Winner Winner x 2
      Peter, May 22, 2012 Last edited by Peter, Sep 17, 2012
    • Feb 14, 2012
      I played the demo for Torchlight, great little dungeon crawler.
    • Nov 2, 2011
      I myself cannot wait for this game. Sorry Diablo :<
    • Nov 2, 2011
      [IMG]
    • Mar 12, 2008
      THATS WHAT I FUCKING SAID! HELL YEAH FERRET
    • Mar 31, 2012
      i see alot of peeps getting 1 shotted after they die and dropped thier gear lol.. D3 is -_-..
    • May 27, 2008
      [IMG]
      [IMG]

Here are a few screenshots of my beta Berserker, Noodles. She is a total badass and she's hot as fuck. I named her this because I was having a creativity shortage, and on the character select, she wiggled like a noodle and occasionally screamed at me. Love at first sight. You can use any weapon you please in this game, only gear will be class specific, it seems. I'm having loads of fun with this, and I now more than ever wish it was release day.
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • May 27, 2008
        Since it's three days til launch, I'm going to start posting in this thread again. Hopefully we've got more people around now to see this, and maybe it'll strike interest in them! Take a look, if you've got $20, my best opinion would be to get this game.

[IMG]
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jul 14, 2008
            I will most likely get it since I've been waiting for it since I played the first one.

Interesting stats Peter.
          • Feb 14, 2012

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
          • Apr 9, 2007
            Post Merged, Sep 17, 2012
            What's your worst opinion?
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Dec 6, 2011
              @Peter I know it's a old title, but is this like Fate (obviously 100 times newer/better), gameplay wise?

Had a ton of fun playing Fate despite the extremely repetitive gameplay, tempted to actually re-download it and play again.
              Post Merged, Sep 17, 2012
              Kyle knows where it's at.

bofafawdddddddddd@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
            • May 27, 2008
              It feels like if you were to fuse Fate and Diablo 1&2 together. It has a really incredible feel to it and I know this is a game I will spend most of my downtime playing.

Smack ten beavers.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Mar 12, 2008
                Excited. Don't want to get BL2 yet, this will suffice. I preordered a long time ago.
              • Jan 5, 2007
                Pre-ordered it ages ago and passed the time with the free copy of TL they give with it on Steam. Unfortunately it's going to not get touched until I burn myself out on Borderlands 2.
              • Nov 2, 2011
              • Feb 24, 2011
                Momo pre-ordered it for me, big thanks once again!
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Jul 16, 2012
                  I've never heard of this game. What's it about?