Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tough Times

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Badgriuel, Dec 8, 2015

1. Jul 20, 2010
    So I've been placed on disability for the foreseeable future after dealing with a host of health problems over the past 2 months. The straw that broke the camels back was finding out that I have a tumor in my pituitary gland its located in the brain. I'm in and out of the hospital on a daily basis with constant monitoring of my health and mental health as well. It's been a wild ride so far and very draining on me.

Next week I have another round of testing done to see if the tumor is forcing any hormone imbalances and if they find any then I will be placed on hormone treatment to try and help out. The tumor is taking up a large amount of real estate inside my pituitary gland but they don't want to risk surgery until they have confirmed that it's growing. That will take another 5 months of waiting. Chemo is not an option for me so I have to opt for surgery and need to wait for them to feel safe with it growing. They don't know how long I've had it inside me.

They only found it because I complained of losing basic motor function skills at times. After that they did an MRI and found something the second MRI with contrast confirmed the finding of the tumor.

I've been developing blisters on my hands probably from the stress of it all and having me arms, legs and face feeling numb at times as well. My parents and doctors are forcing me to eat since I've been eating close to nothing and lost a lot of weight over the two months.

I'll make updates here when I get more news.
    • Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Mar 10, 2014
      damn dude, i know about SSI and Dissability all too well, my girlfriend is on them as well and it can be tough watching what she has to deal with on a daily basis. Wish you the best of luck my friend, and hell if you need to chat, i aint too far away or difficult to get ahold of.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope for the best and wish you luck.
      • May 31, 2012
        Whatever you do don't lose hope. You can pull through this, many people have. Keep you in my prayers.
      • Jan 25, 2014
        I may think you are a crappy LSA but that's doesn't mean I want you to die get better
      • Jun 19, 2013
        If you don't mind me asking, why is chemo not an option for you? I know it makes you feel like shit, but it is better than being dead. Also, why not try radiation therapy?
      • Apr 18, 2014
      • Feb 25, 2014
        Because the chemo could cause more damage then the tumor itself depending on the situation and where the tumor lies and if it is melted together with certain parts or not, I have a friend who has a tumor in his frontal but it's melted together with the bloodstreams so very hard to deal with.

Best wishes, keep fighting it's the only thing you can do and hoping for the best. you can live long depending on the situation.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Keep us updated dude. Sorry to hear it manifested. You still suck at racing games doe homie
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I just got my medical marijuana card to assist with appetite since losing a lot of weight, so id say It's helpful if you need to go down that road.

Keep fighting man, you got this !
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Oct 18, 2012
          I've know you for quite a bit bad, I hope you get better fam
        • May 15, 2011
          Shit man that really sucks. Sorry I haven't been able to talk to you either, don't have a computer anymore nor a steam app that works. You're a bro man, and I really hope things work out for you. We still have to see an F1 race in Canada.
        • Jul 20, 2010

They think the tumor is having an adverse affect on my mental health and overall normal everyday functions. I'm becoming more forgetful and having trouble gripping objects, trouble walking, lack of appetite. Having large chunks of time where I seem to black out and have no memory of what I was doing or how I got there. I'm being sent to a partial hospitalization treatment facility to monitor my overall health and mental health.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Apr 18, 2014