Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Toys'R'Us Clearancing PC Games

Discussion in Gaming started by Vadleon, Oct 4, 2012

1. Jan 12, 2011
    Just found out about it this morning - Toys'R'Us stores are clearing out some/all of their PC games for some reason (possibly also some console games), so they've marked down popular titles to ~$10. Tonight my dad on the way back from work snagged Batman: Arkham City and Assassin's Creed: Revelations for each $10 and Rage for $9. Prices and game stocks may vary at locations, but go check out your local stores to see what they have! Good hunting!

For convenience, here's their store locator: http://www.toysrus.com/storeLocator/index.jsp
    Vadleon, Oct 4, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Oct 4, 2012
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    As well as BF3 for $10, Skyrim for $10, Diablo III for $10, WoW expansions for $10 (except MoP), and multiple Sims 3 expansions for $10.

@Vadleon silly question, but do these physical games activate through Steam? I hate standalone games that don't go through Steam. I'm so picky and anal with this stuff, it's not even funny.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Pretty much if they have it, it's on sale.

It depends on the game, but yes, you should be able to activate most of these on Steam. As long as Steam provides the game in their store, then I think you can activate CD/DVD keys with them to link the game to your account.
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    I think it's funny that grown men will be walking through Toy's R Us for video games lol. I always pictured it as a 10 and under store, but who am I to judge? They sell M for Mature games :silly:
  5. May 15, 2011
    And not a single Toys r Us for 200 miles. Fuck you Canada.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 12, 2011
      Not really, there's tons of cool stuff in there for all ages. I'm still a sucker for Legos, Nerf guns, and the occasional videogame or MTG packs. Granded, they do have the "toystore premium" on things, but I keep an eye out for sales that make them either reasonably priced or ridiculously good. :secret:
      Vadleon, Oct 4, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Oct 4, 2012
    • Aug 1, 2011
      I have a Toys R Us 5 minutes from my house.
      <3
    • Apr 9, 2007

:struggle:
    • May 15, 2011

Ur
    • Jan 12, 2011
      Ummmm, whats with the "Great Sand Hills" with a little forest icon? I get that it's supposed to be a park/nature preserve, but is there actually a small desert (lacking a forest) in Canada? Or were some wacky teenagers bored one weekend and decide to move a beach inland for April Fools? I MUST KNOW. :nailbiting:

Edit: I'm just imagining traveling the sand dunes on moose-back instead of on a camel. Kind of.... badass actually, assuming you don't get mauled trying to mount it.
      • Like Like x 1
        Vadleon, Oct 5, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Oct 5, 2012
      • May 15, 2011

Bad ass indeed.

But no actually it's just plains. We don't have sand up here. Just snow and grass.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Pretty accurate for describing Canadians. Well Done!
        • Like Like x 1