Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Tracers!

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Aug 19, 2013

1. Apr 24, 2012
  2. Jul 1, 2010
    Not a fan of tracers and gimmicky stuff at all :/ This is disappointing to me.

However, since you don't see any tracers unless you are using one, I suppose I can live with it.
    • Agree Agree x 4
      Dharkk, Aug 20, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Aug 20, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I just hope they don't add to entity count, but it's fun. It's also fun to finally be able to see how much some people suck at shooting.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      That, and if you're an admin and have it enabled, you can see who's breaking your cade from across the map by following the tracers.
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Mar 14, 2013
        tracers are an exciting new plugin and am very happy to see it on pf now yay <3

*as im playing with tracers this comes to mind* [IMG]
      • Aug 7, 2012
        Looks interesting. I'll have to give it a try later tonight. I can definitely see the advantages on helping catch cade breakers on ZM
      • Apr 4, 2009

[IMG]
        • Funny Funny x 11
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          Post Merged, Aug 20, 2013
          I too am disappointed it's less then three hundred lines, much faster then any other tracer plugin, works out of the box, and isn't intrusive if you don't want to opt in. The disappointment is showering over me! :frown:

Would you be more pleased if this was disabled for the scout and awp?

It's a bug with the new VPK version of Source. They changed some rendering stuff, and broke a lot more.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          Would be better if it were zero lines, but I digress. Thank you for making them optional to see/use though :grin:
        • May 15, 2011
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Sounds legitimate regarding Valve, it seems to be their new hype since last year :S
        • Apr 9, 2007
          I have no idea what you're talking about.

2013-08-20_00003 2013-08-20_00008
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Feb 1, 2011
            I guess. Ideally I would be pleased if there was some way to disable your own tracers for any other players to see. I don't like the fact that we don't have a choice whether to have tracers showing to all players or not.
          • Aug 1, 2011
            Either have it for humans only and zombies can't see it, or have the option to disable it for your self so you don't shoot tracers.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Apr 9, 2007
              I thought the same, added the feature, then hit ctrl z a bunch to remove the added lines. Opting out isn't the goal here, just for a few people to know you can be invisible. A global solution is required, and if that means removing a few weapons, then meh!
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Feb 11, 2012

xD
              • Apr 9, 2007
                Alright. How it sits at the moment is if you have assigned a tracer to yourself, anyone can see it. However, if you haven't assigned a tracer to yourself, it will be invisible to Zombies. All tracers will still be invisible if you haven't opted in. I can't think of a better global solution, propositions are welcome.
                • Like x 3
                • Winner x 1
                • Wizard! x 1
                • Informative x 1
                • Friendly x 1
                • Aug 7, 2012
                • Feb 1, 2011
                  You're the man. Is there a way to opt back out if you've already enabled tracers by picking a color? If not, maybe you could just add a "Disable" option at the end of the color selection menu.
                • Jul 14, 2010
                  There's a none option at the end of the list :grin:
                  • Informative Informative x 1