Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Tracers!

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Aug 19, 2013

1. Feb 1, 2011
    I prolly shoulda logged in to check, haha. Thanks peng!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mar 26, 2012

zm_exhibit
      • Artistic Artistic x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4
      • Apr 3, 2013
        [IMG]
        • Artistic Artistic x 2
        • May 27, 2008
          I for one appreciate the work Kyle puts in towards the servers to try and add something cool that he thinks everyone would enjoy, instead of complaining.
          Good work, Kyle! :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to trying this out tonight!
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Feb 11, 2012
            Yea I as well appreciate the effort and hard work. :thumbsup:
            In Kyle's last post, imo is a pretty good way to have the lasers setup
          • Feb 1, 2011
            The passive aggression is strong in this one.
            • Like Like x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • May 27, 2008
              That wasn't in any way aimed at anyone in particular, rather a whole.
            • Feb 11, 2012
              I was playing earlier today and all of the lasers kept going white colour. I set mine to purple and would shoot purple sometimes but would shoot white for the most part. As well as everyone else's unless all of them had white lasers. All I kept seeing for the most part were white lasers :s
              Not sure if it is just my game or something but I thought I would bring it up anyway.
            • Aug 1, 2011
              Did you try restarting your game? might have fixed it.

This seems quite reasonable to me.
            • Jun 4, 2006
              Well we welcome feedback and suggestions, people raising issues, concerns, and so forth. If someone sees a issue with something, or thinks something should be done a different way or could be better, or doesn't like something for x reason, they're certainly encouraged to speak up and share their ideas. We can't think of everything all the time - can't cover all the bases - extra eyes and opinions can be very beneficial. What isn't encouraged is merely posting "this shit sucks" and nothing more. This helps no one and gets us no closer to polishing a new idea / plugin that might end up working great if additional feedback from the community can improve it. If you're going to say "this shit sucks", be sure you include a "...because [reason(s) for it sucking]" in there or you will be ignored. There will be situations where we can't please everyone (pretty much always), but we can work at it until we get it to a point where it's the best it's going to be. New ideas and features are rarely ready to go out of the box and almost always need further tweaking.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 11, 2012
                I'm gonna try it again when I get home from work today, wasn't able to restart it last night because it was late when I first tried the lasers out.
              • Apr 9, 2007
                I think that's just how they're drawn. I too have noticed it; I think it's something to do with the short life. I'll look at the code, but no guarantees.
              • Aug 12, 2012
                Make a option available to only see your tracer and no one else.
              • Mar 30, 2012

Let the light show begin!
              • May 27, 2008
                I understand. It's just that I'm thinking about something that happened elsewhere, a little similar to this.
                I just want to show there is more legitimate appreciation for the hard work put into the servers [regardless of how many lines this actually took], rather than people outright saying it's a horrible idea. I think it's fucking incredible.
              • Jul 8, 2012
                I'm extremely excited to try this out tonight. Looks amazing. Thank you everyone who helped with it!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4
              • Nov 17, 2012
                Was interesting watching where my bullets were actually going (are delayed with 280ms). Dislike the trails though, I can't see the Zombies and what's going on (need to be able to see because of long knives etc. with high ping). I'll have them off for the time being! A good update though, they add a little more fun to the server :grin:
              • Feb 13, 2014
                I know this is an old thread but I was just curious if it would be possible to add tracers/trails to the player "as a human" that follow you when you run? It doesnt have to be a billion colors. Have it be an option like the bullet tracers as well?

Maybe start a credit system? Every 5 minutes you get 5 credits. Every 100kills per player stats you get 10 credits. Make it cost a couple thousand credits for generic tracers and more expensive for the awwwwwesome ones? Just an idea.

I do like the bullet tracers. As tony mentioned previously its a lot easier to see who is cade breaking from distances and multiple groups of people.
                MrJensen, Feb 27, 2014 Last edited by MrJensen, Feb 27, 2014
              • Feb 3, 2012
                http://plaguefest.com/threads/suggestions-for-minigames-shop-and-rtd.16379/