Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Train your admins better and let the people speak

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by teemo, Jul 3, 2016

Should a player be gagged for arguing in admin only chat with 10 messages?

yes 11 vote(s) 33.3%
no 22 vote(s) 66.7%
  1. Jan 25, 2014

What does the community think of this?
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    Do you just come to the forums to do nothing but bitch about admins?

Suggestion: Take the stick out of your ass and just enjoy the damn game rather than harp over every little mistake admins make.
    • Zing! Zing! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 25, 2014
      I was minding my own business trying to help him cade.
    • Jun 29, 2014
      @Tony The Tiger , this aint no count and does not contribute to the topic.
    • Jan 25, 2014
      I would like to note the name of the poll was changed.

I was gagged for 6 messages.
    • Dec 28, 2014
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jul 7, 2014
        • Agree Agree x 4
        • Apr 26, 2015
          Sure you can spill a little bit of your piss bottle on your carpet every once in a while, but at some point you'll have a carpet filled with piss.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Mar 31, 2010
            Oh fuck off, Clam. All you ever did was be every admin's bitch from the start..

This community is so fucked. People are so uptight and nobody could do a single thing without being noticed by an admin for approval - otherwise punishment is ensued.
            I remember back in the days where it was actually fun to play on the servers, where people weren't so uptight & let people have their fun without imposing a fucking rule to everything. Where every now and then admins would just come on and fuck around freely with everyone for jokes and an awesome time (MINUS GETTING ALL RACIST IN THE PROCESS @Brian AND Ray -- happened once way back in time).

I understand when people are being little shits and taking it to an excessive level where it disrupts to take action. Or when people are being racist and or offensive/hurtful/disrespectful, I absolutely agree that those things should be dealt with ASAP. But nowadays, people can't even talk to admins anymore - otherwise said admins will powertrip. And that's cool, that's completely fine! I mean look at the server stats. I understand CS:S is dying as a whole, but it really, reeeaaaalllly does not help that there are so many gamers out there who have nothing but a bad impression of this community. Whenever anyone hears "Plaguefest" and has heard of it before, it's always a bad sentiment.

The only reason I'm taking the time to write this is because I miss the old fucking days where everything was awesome on here. Sometimes I get the urge to get on and play a little - but then I see the constant shit that goes down, and I'm always afraid that my every move will be analyzed whenever I get on that it's not even fucking worth taking the chance being upset over basically nothing. Might as well just join/merge with that shitty clan (=e=) or whatever it is for 13 year old kids (even though the game is for 17+). And yeah, people moved on from here to play on other servers where "everything goes". But some people (like me) like having a good time without it having to be a haven for disrespectful cunts (like those stupid servers, I forget their name), nor being in a haven of circlejerk-powertripping-admins where your every move is seen/controlled and used against you (like this one).
            • Agree Agree x 6
            • Jun 29, 2014
              clam never does anything then starts talking out his ass like he knows.....
            • Apr 26, 2015
              TLDR The server used to be fun until it turned into a police state where its the admins vs the players.
              Post Merged, Jul 3, 2016

-Make server suggestion about rules
              -Get told by an admin he has no life.
              -Proceed to want to shut down to avoid criticism.
            • Jun 29, 2014
              we are not admins on a dead server, so yes we have lives.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • [pF] jedi
                This message by [pF] jedi has been removed from public view. Deleted by Momo, Jul 3, 2016, Reason: wat.
                Jul 3, 2016
              • Feb 8, 2013
                Three years ago, they were admin abuse threads. Today, it's all about starting a conflict that gets ended in 5 minutes due to the player saying harsh words and admins can't take the blow, so they lock lock lock.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  You're not wrong, admins are probably harsher than they need to be. Problem is, when the players reporting are known for making exaggerated or even blatantly false claims, it becomes very difficult to take them seriously.
                • Dec 28, 2014
                  He not bout' that life man, catch him in traffic
                  We ain't really with that talking, bitch we love that action
                  [pF] jedi, Jul 3, 2016 Last edited by [pF] jedi, Jul 5, 2016
                • Jan 25, 2014
                  I don't know if you live on another planet or if you are being sacastic. But if you Truely believe this then I will laugh myself to sleep.
                • Feb 8, 2016
                  Admins are here to keep the players in line to the rules set out. It's not our fault that many players like to disobey these simple rules and be immature about being dealt with. Players can cry all they want. At the end of the day, if you don't want an admin to punish you, keep within the rules and don't be so disrespectful and break rules.
                  • Zing! Zing! x 1
                  • Dec 27, 2012
                    The difference between back in the day and the now comes down to one simple thing: Maturity.

Both the admins and the regulars are at fault in my eyes. Back in time, regulars and admins weren't part of childish vendettas. Next to no one held grudges towards one and another but IF they did, they wouldn't express such through actions such as abusing their admin powers or, if it were to be the regular, they wouldn't make an admin abuse thread after one single kick that just so happened to be a mistake. Back then, people could fucking TALK with each other without being shitsticks towards one and another. One didn't need to call any of the LSA's in order to solve something as simple as a mistake, one didn't need to see that "I got kicked once, cancel this kids admin subscription" thread. They simply TALKED. Words of power, remember?

I partly agree with Clam Chowder's "take your stick out of your ass" because that is exactly what this all is about. People need to learn how to let things GO. It's the internet, why the ass would you take something personal? People are arrogant and believe what they say is the one and only truth, hence why this issue is beyond repair unless people start to toughen the fuck up. It's a game, stop crying over the smallest things that happen. You got kicked for no reason? #BetterCreateThatAdminAbuseThread #IAmRightYouAreWrong #BecauseFuckYou. Start TALKING with each other and learn how to let things go. I promise you, it's not difficult. It's called growing up.

Real admin abuse DOES happen, don't get me wrong, I know. Newer admins do indeed need to know exactly WHAT the concept of being an admin is. They need a fucking reason to actually punish you and also need to be able to back that punishment up for a different reason other than "I can't speak for myself, please lock this" or "Fuck this guy". However, don't solely put the blame on the admins because that is FAR from the childish truth of this so called "problem". It makes me cringe just to regard this as such.

- Stop being arrogant assholes.
                    - Learn how to let things go.
                    - Don't make an admin abuse thread as soon as you see the slightest chance to put someone down from his/her position, make an abuse thread if it's actually NEEDED and NOT for the reason of "revenge".
                    - Learn how to PROPERLY communicate with each other.
                    - It's a game but even a game has its rules. Respect that and have some fucking fun instead of these childish vendettas.
                    - Grow up and learn that things don't always go your way, FOR A REASON. You're not always in the right and you shouldn't be.
                    - The server all of a sudden became a much more enjoyable place to hang out at.

I understand that there are people that you simply can't get along with, I can relate to that as well. But you don't need to bash the fuck out of every single one that you don't agree with just because you're behind a screen. You're an adult, it's time to act like it. Treat others the same way you want to be treated. I can't believe I'm saying this because this is fucking COMMON SENSE and YET people seem to not understand what that means.

I want this to be Plaguefest, not Childfest and I believe most of us want it that way. Have a GREAT summer, y'all.
                    • Like Like x 4
                    • Agree Agree x 3
                    • Winner Winner x 2
                    • Useful Useful x 1