Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Training Classes

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by cognitive, May 18, 2011

1. Mar 22, 2011
    Recently we've seen an influx of new admins and having just played in a server with 3-4 of them i can tell they're very poorly/un-trained; or at least they don't understand how seriously they should be taking these commands. One new admin i encountered didn't know how to log into SB let alone use it after making an irresponsible ban, and they were slapping without warning to people who were in legal spots, and generally acting like the admins commands were for their own enjoyment. Unforunately i wasn't at the mumble meeting so i'm sure there will be some "WE ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS NOOB" comments but what i'm witnessing is IMO serious and i think training should go from being a 10-20 minute process to an entire academic experience. consider this my belated contribution to the admin meeting
  2. Sep 26, 2010
    I think this entails acting more professional and treating players as equal because we're not gods but we are players who happen to have privileged powers
  3. May 6, 2011
    Regarding the abuse of commands, sometimes they are done on people they know for fun, not saying it is right. But, I have seen ADMINS with level 2 and above doing this as well. But, there are of course some just doing it to abuse there ADMIN abilities. Maybe we should consider putting in incognito ADMINS (changing names, skin, etc.), from higher up ADMIN players such as Harvey, Deepfried, Momo and etc. at times to watch out for those behaviours. By secretly policing the rules of the server, I think new admins such as myself, could be more restrained about abusing our commands, and be more responsible for them as well.

In regards to not well skilled or handy in the commands, I think sometimes practical training in real live gaming situation helps. As a new ADMIN at the begining, it is difficult to sometimes focus on administrating and game play, but, with practice and experience people will asorb the commands and practical applicaiton of the commands more fluently. Just like in real live, you can take as many college courses as you like, but, nothing beats a real life work experience.
  4. Apr 14, 2011
    I've seen new admins past few days acting immature. Although, I believe training can be too much of a hassle sometimes, I find it's not even enough.
    I would like to put it this way. Rather than purchasing for the admin powers, it's actually donating to the server and receives small power to make the server better.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    If you guys run into such problems, make sure you let us know either by pm'ing the senior + admins on forums or add us on steam and let us know. That way we can take direct action efficiently.
  6. Apr 2, 2011
    Ok, I am what... 1 1/2 months old of adminship, and I see this, I hate using the admin commands, not because I don't know how (I do ask if I am not 100% sure of the command) but because we should not half to until needed, but It seems like a lot of newer admins (and some older) play around/abuse them. It looks unprofessional to say the least.

also
    No, this will lead to distrust among the plaguefest community, and good admins will leave. While something needs to be done, I don't think that's the solution.

Also, new admins just need time to learn, I still am, but that is still no excuse, admins need to be professionals, AND KEEP ADMIN CHAT IN ADMIN CHAT!!! :angry:
  7. Aug 18, 2006
    Agreed. We will be doing some revisions to the training procedures later to help address this, though. I hope it helps, at least.
  8. Sep 6, 2010
    More senior admins should be present in the servers to help new admins or correct if their actions are wrong in my opinion
  9. May 27, 2008
    It seems this shit happens when we're not around.

I want names sent in a pm to every Forum Moderator and Root Admin that is currently active of the ones in question so we can have a little chat with them. If this cannot be done, we will find and get to the bottom of this and make sure it is corrected and dealt with.