Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tribal Hero

Discussion in Gaming started by Taters, May 29, 2013

1. Mar 12, 2008
    I found this on the gaming reddit a couple days ago, it's a browser based empire builder that runs in real time. Excellent for killing time if you have -nothing- else to do, literally.

It's even generous to new players - you get a 72 hour protection where you cannot be attacked, but can attack others that have the protection disabled. It's not just PvP too. There's barbarian outposts you can send your troops to loot and bring back, boosting your resources and waiting less time to do things. You can team up and form a tribe which basically acts as a guild. You can send reinforcements to other people to help defend their town, and gain resources depending if it's a victory or not.

Thoughts so far:

Could be better, The hints are kinda subtle so i ended up using my primary resources to upgrade some buildings instead of build military, so i got gimped on that early on.

As mentioned, everything runs in real time, so if you send out an army to attack a village it could take anywhere from ~9 mins up to an hour or so depending how far away they are. Same goes for constructing buildings, i'm working on a university right now and i'll be able to make a small snack and get some rest before it will be useful. Crops from my vineyard will be ready to pick in 6 hours from now.
  2. Apr 1, 2012
  3. Mar 12, 2008
  4. Nov 6, 2011
    to be honest im so interested in it haha ima be scoping it out these next couple days curiosity mang!!! its killing me
  5. Mar 12, 2008
    Oh yes, apparently there are invitation codes so you can start near friends.

Mine is C3538D

If your name doesn't tell me who you are, put it here or in your profile description otherwise you will be raiding bait.
  6. Mar 12, 2008
    I did my first raid today, my neighbor seems to be inactive, (and i'm sticking to that assumption) so I can't simply let the resources he had go to waste. Thanks to him I now have all lvl 4 cannon towers and and able to upgrade my troops. I did lose one cavalry unit, so i'm a little butthurt about that. They cost a decent amount to make.

Raids/battles last 20 rounds, so if you do not kill the units or break the building you are attacking, you get tired and retreat with any loot you earned. If you kill all units/break the building you get additional bonus loot. I ran out of stamina, but I cashed out. This does open me to other attacks however, as my alignment will show if I raid other players or not, or should be considered a target.