Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Trolling nominate

Discussion in Help Desk started by Joshfrank, May 29, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 29, 2012
    Hello pf, recently on the ZE server a player named "DICK THE HORSE" decided to purposly make his first nomination to be minecraft, which is playing right now, by changing his nomination. Numerous players waste the time of many by choosing terrible maps when they have first nomination. Perhaps have the nomination list randomized on the vote list?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Apr 29, 2011
      (Tosses post into large bin labeled "Complaints about nomination/1 spam", realizes that a more helpful answer should be given)

What maps a donor/admin nominates is up to them. Besides, in the end, what map is next on server is decided by the voters.
    • May 29, 2012
      so if i buy donator, nominate surf, then 2 minutes before the map vote nominate rollermine or minecraft, its perfectly fine? because like you said, its decided by the voters, who then spam rtv rtv rtv on the said map until its changed.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      You can do that all you want, but a lot of the time it won't get voted. Minecraft is a pretty fun map, and rollermine is fun every once in a while to play, so I don't see the problem here.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 5, 2011
        Yes its fine, as long as it isnt a admin map change on purpose to their liking, you have to get the players vote if they want a map change, but also have to have admins who are online fine with it, but in general as for the nominations, those who have donator or admin can nominate whatever map they want.

Good:
        Nominate a Map
        Everyone Vote

Bad:
        Purposely make a map change using admin powers. Unless map is being tested by admin roots etc etc.
      • Jul 4, 2011
        Changing it 2 minutes before map change is fine, 'blocking' off a map by nominating it and changing seconds before the vote is not ok.
      • May 5, 2011
        Tony what do you mean by blocking off a map?
      • Oct 29, 2010
        If a player is using nominate to keep a map unavailable for other players to nominate only to change it seconds before the vote goes up, this is very against the rules and should be punished.

@meeko
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jul 4, 2011
          Say I don't want a map to be played, I nominate it and wait for the very last second before the vote comes up and change it to something else. A minute or two before is fine, as long as someone else who may want to play the map get a chance to nominate it.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 9, 2012
            also to say minecraft is a horrible map doesnt really validate your argument. Some may find enjoyment in playing it or because it'll be funny to play. at the moment the server seems to be wanting to play some ''underplayed'' maps and then rtving when possible. i dont see this against the rules but they are being dumb about it.
          • May 5, 2011
            ah ok, i never have seen something like that before, it isnt usually done in MG that i know of.
          • May 14, 2011
            Thats cause there's no overplayed maps on MG. I suspect people do this to mako/pred/minas because they are just tired of it.
          • Dec 6, 2011
            "Dopescope always nominates Minas Tirith and it's such a shitty map. He keeps nominating it every time it's available and I don't want him to!" Somebody who doesn't like Minas could say that.
          • Oct 29, 2010
            I don't do last-minute nomination changes--I have been punished for it, and I never intended to replicate the offense since.
          • May 29, 2012
            i came to offer my opinion and a suggestion. Didnt expect all the admins and donators to gang up on me.
          • Jan 12, 2012
            reads what Josh said reads what momo said Walks out
          • Feb 9, 2012
            We did not gang up on you , we were merely explaining what the rule is on it. also your suggestion has been brought up numerous times (not to say that bringing up past suggestions isnt tolerated, but you gotta bring some reasoning to it as well or explain better why it should be).
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I'm just giving an example, no gang-bang here. :clown:
          • Oct 29, 2010
            @meeko: I was not accusing you, merely suggesting you input your side of the story, Joshfrank doesn't seem too good at explaining things.

@Stormblizzard: English?
          • Apr 29, 2011
            We aren't trying to gang up on you in particular, it just seems like every other week that someone makes a thread complaining about the nominations, and "coming up" with a solution that has already been mentioned fifty times. Please search the forums before making a post like that.

In regards to the blocking off of surf by changing nominations at the last second, that is not allowed. You probably should have started off mentioning that he was blocking a map, which appears to be your main concern.
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.