Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Trouble d/ling predator

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Benvolio, Feb 25, 2013

1. Mar 4, 2012
    So my friend recently got CSS and has been playing on the server and he just can't download predator. He plays CSS on a mac. What should he do?

My first thought was for him to d.l the map outside of the game. Any other suggestions?
  2. May 12, 2012
    manually download the map and any other map he cant download.

if you become donator you can download all the maps from this server (Map Pack) for each server.
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    He should be fine on his Mac. The last CS:S sync (Feb 5th) finally introduced the HTTP Referral fix that made it into OB in October. Any idea if he has a watch? The old problem was there was a transfer timeout set to 30 seconds, instead of a connection timeout. But this was identified in ND and fixed in August (or even earlier).

We haven't reapplied the referral leecher fix yet, though. Should maybe do that soon, eh?
  4. Mar 4, 2012

I copied my pred files and sent them to him and installed it on his mac and it looked like he actually had the files already d/l'd so I'm not sure if that was the problem now.

The error read something like

"ze_pred... blah blah... disconnect"
  5. Apr 14, 2011
    Is the cat 5 plugged in? Lets start simple then work to harder... lol
  6. Mar 4, 2012
    Lol the internet connection is fine. We're at school so we have wireless and he doesn't have a problem with any other map.
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      I bet the school wireless is not that good; most schools in my area do not invest much into having great wifi and I would not be shocked if other schools pretty much did the same. Has your friend tried downloading it at home?
    • Mar 4, 2012
      I meant that it's not the problem. The university internet IS horrible. And I copied my pred files and put them on his mac but we haven't had a chance to test it out.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Unless you are connecting directly to your own ISP connection, University have system in place to block some connection and I am pretty sure Multiplayer games are a first (couldn't play a game of Halo CE when I was in school). When I worked at my uni for a summer, on my downtime I would VPN to my connection at home and connect to a TF2 game. This wasn't possible if I connected directly to the school connection.

However this doens't seem to be a case for you since ( I believe you are able to connect to a CS:S game?). If manual download doesn't work well that's a doozy
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Mar 4, 2012
        Yeah it's not that I game all the time here.
      • May 31, 2012
        Can your friend try another ISP to confirm this? I am sure there are other wireless places nearby to test try this. Lets cross out and limit the possibilities.

Okay so you tried your download... after that... try deleting it (on his) and have him just download it fresh from the game. May take a long time, but if it works, beats having nothing.
      • Jan 14, 2012