Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Trouble downloading map

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by hailstormhaymaker86, Aug 16, 2011

1. Aug 11, 2011
    to keep it short and simple. every time i try to download a bsp.bz2 map like escape or for mini games it gives me a messaging saying missing map. i have my allow option set for multiplayer. any insight would help thanks :smile:
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    Need more information. When did this start happening?
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Are you on a Mac? If so that is probably the issue and you have to download maps larger than ~35mb from Gamebanana or something and put them in your maps folder manually.
  4. May 7, 2011
    i have a mac and i always had that problem. i found the solution.

you have to go to your csstrike folder, go to maps and erase the map name that you wanted to go in and try reconnecting. that always worked for me :grin:
  5. Oct 5, 2010
    this worked for me, try Delete the map and redownload, if not, then try google around :smile: map hit start ->computer-> C drive -> program files-> steam -> steamapps -> your steam name -> counter strike source -> maps :smile:
  6. Aug 11, 2011
    I have windows 7. it turned out deleteing the map from the cs folder and then retrying worked out just fine i do appreciate the timley help thank you all ONE LOVE. :thumbsup: