Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

True Story :: Faith in Humanity Restored

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Nena, Jul 8, 2014

1. Oct 8, 2009
    True story: My faith in humanity has been restored. Just now the doorbell rings. I answer and theres a white guy standing there. Didn't look like he was selling anything, didn't look like my new neighbor. He was a complete stranger. He holds up some keys and said that he found them in the middle of Hwy 19 while on a bike ride with his wife and daughter. I recognized that they were keys of someone in the household. I asked him how he knew where to return them.
    He went out of his way to call Dick's sporting goods and ask for an address/phone number. They wouldn't do it over the phone so he went out in person to ask again. Eventually he got the manager to agree to give him the address because there wasn't a phone number under the account. This guy lives on the other side of the hwy and thought that if he were in our shoes, he would want someone to do the same. We didn't even know the keys were missing, we couldn't even figure out how they keys ended up there. Finally we found out that the keys were left ontop of the car. My parents took that car to the store without realizing it.
    I was so glad that he went out of his way to find us that I forgot to ask for his name. But I will call Dicks and tell them that they did the right thing giving him our address.
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jun 10, 2011
      Just to play devil's advocate; what if he'd stolen the keys and just wanted the address so he knew where to break in? Then they'd be in deep shit. They should have taken the keys and delivered/mailed/called you themselves.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      That's quite the plot twist that I was going to say. However, it all seems to have worked out for now. I mean, I'd check the Rabbit Hutch; but who knows.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Oct 8, 2009

:frown: The hutch is empty. I was too late and she didn't make it past this winter.
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Well this thread just took a turn down Sad street. RIP.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Mar 4, 2012
            BUT ITS 'MERICA

pic related muh nugget

Also good for you! I had something similar happen to me only with my wallet and at a park. Left it there after soccer practice.
            • Programming King Programming King x 1
            • Oct 11, 2012

Steel herters shoot good through that mosin?