Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

trying get into rec ZE videos anybody who rec help w/ settings

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by ZibeY, Dec 5, 2013

1. Dec 5, 2013
    was just a testing video its probably bad so ya any really good peeps who knows about rec settings i would be happy if you would help. Please help a scrub out :struggle:
    Post Merged, Dec 5, 2013

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617LubmYO90
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    Ok rec setting for now. My voice kinda sounds weird :l.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    The colour looks a little strange for some reason, but other than that, it looks great!
  4. Dec 5, 2013
  5. Nov 17, 2012
    What are you recording with? Is this rendered in or original footage?

CSS is hard to record / maintain a good fps (in ZE that is), as CSS only uses 2 Cores. Ontop of that, recording will make it lag. You can make it work, you just have to sacrifice some quality. That's if you want to live-play.
  6. Dec 5, 2013
    Post Merged, Dec 5, 2013
    recored with nivida shawdoplay rendered with sony vegas 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      i've heard awesome shit about Shadowplay. How were your FPS?
    • Apr 3, 2013
      • Did you record straight from gameplay or a demo?
      • Color looks strange, not sure if it's cc or something
    • Jul 20, 2012
      It's best to record from console instead of using an external program.
    • Sep 17, 2013
      i was messing with the contrast that's why i will leave it be next time
    • Nov 17, 2012
      I've been messing around with Shadow Play for the last hour or so. Quality seems pretty good, uncompressed at the Max Settings. No real framerate drop. :grin:

Was going to say, you must have done something in Vegas for that to happen. Quality is pre-good with little performance drop!
    • Dec 5, 2013
      ya sony vegas was where i do alot of the hdish stuff
    • May 29, 2012
    • Mar 30, 2012
      ShadowPlay is really good for this. Sony Vegas is also top notch.

I don't really like intros, but if those are your thing, i don't mind that much.

The colors were already discussed through.

You don't really have to do anything special, i usually just add an overlay or music / minor edits to my videos.
    • Mar 20, 2012
      Somebody wonderd what tools there are for recording. Kyle posted this http://obsproject.com/ . I used frapz after I had the demo usually.
      Still have to test that site he suggested.
    • May 29, 2012
      1. Get the demo recorded
      2. Open demoui turn off HUD and chat (depends on you but makes it more entertaining to watch)
      3. Use MSI Afterburner to record your demo
      4. Put it into Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro
      5. Render in 1920x1080 i30 30 FPS settings. Often allways given.
      6. Upload to Youtube etc.
      7. Watch spoiler for examples

Samurai, Dec 6, 2013 Last edited by Samurai, Dec 6, 2013
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Get a different p90 sound, that shit is loud! I dig your background music during the gameplay. Video quality looks good. Also lol @ the mac quack sound, is that part of the map or is somebody stealing my swag? :monkey:
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I already gave an explanation on this for Jenna, but I should give some extra hints:

An intro is fine, if it explains something, or if it's short, maximum 5 seconds. 12 seconds is much too long, and if you really want it being that long it should be at the end. Intro's that are over 5 seconds long are discouraging and many people find it very 'egoïstic' of showcasing just your name which we after all can read on the page itself right under the video and even in the lists. I've often been to videos that started with intro's that are 30 seconds or even 1 minute long... I never watched those videos as I immediatly clicked them away once I realised that. I know it's cool for yourself to have an intro showing your name, but it's really not the thing, and just discourages people. Especially if you're just starting, starting a new channel.

And, the colors are indeed weird, but this is definitly due to your compression settings. There are in fact many compressors that remove all valuable color information. Make sure that you have nowhere an option with RGB compression, as that changes your colors entirely.

That's about it.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        This, a 1000 time this. I am one of those people that will skipped half way and just close your vid. Overlay your name on top of the video starting that way the intro and your name sorta just goes together and the name goes away after 5 second. Remember, I came for your vid, keep me at bay.

Also blaring music is never a thing that's gonna keep me. Quick intro, soft tones, the whole package.
      • Nov 17, 2012
        Indeed. I hate it when intro's are 15-35 seconds. I just close the video. It's not even necessary >_<