Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Turn mic off during voting process

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by JorisCeoen, Sep 9, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2012
    Hey, is it possible to turn off/mute mics during the voting process. They are not only spamming the mic and/or shouting out loud but simply convincing and convincing and convincing to death for certain numbers... It's really hateful.

This thread sounds btw as if it could have been repeated in the past but I haven't seen it yet so sorry if this is an 'o no not again' discussion (if it is feel free to close immediatly since it wouldn't matter in that case)
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    What are we really talking about here? A minute at most? I think there is better things to be worked on right now (antibunny hop script) people use the mic to discuss the next map. If it gets too spammy wouldn't it be up to the admins on the server at the time to deal with it?
  3. Apr 9, 2012
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    They don't use it to discuss the next map, they use it to yell out their favorite map.

OT though, it could be possible but in the end would be just too big of a hassle imo.
  5. Feb 14, 2012
    Then it's your job as an admin to deal with the offenders as the procedure is set out in the rules.
  6. May 14, 2011
    The voting spam is too fast to catch people due to the warn first prcedure
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Apr 1, 2012
      in ZE, this happens quite often and if the mic spam is just too much, I usually mute everybody first and then issue a warning.
    • May 30, 2012
      Agree, this is a big issue on the Zombie Escape server if you ask me.
      Isn't there a way to auto mute when vote is in action?
    • Nov 11, 2011
      ...? When was the last time you were on a server during the voting process? Let me know how the "warn first" procedure worked out for you.

I agree. The only time I can take action on players are if they are chat spamming. On occasion, I do mute people that are aware of our spam rules. The rules for that either:

1. Need to be revised to allow us to mute/chat without warning if one is found spamming during the vote process.
      2. Auto-mute all players during the 20 second vote process (this won't stop an admin from unmuting everyone, but it's a stepping stone).
      If we decide neither is an option, we'll have to continue to warn --> mute/gag which in my eyes is extremely unefficient. However, I am open to other ideas so please share. :rose:
    • May 14, 2011
      An amendment in the rules is in order concerning spam during voting in the maps.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Turn your damn volume down. That's how you solve it.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 12, 2012
        Yes, because ZE has so many spots that you can stop and change settings for a few seconds with NO risk of being killed...
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Most headsets have a volume wheel to adjust that. However some people play with their volume all the way up sometimes. You can change volume BEFORE entering the game. If one can't do either of these, then, deal with it.

Edit: to answer your question, yes. There are plenty of hold spots on any given map.
      • Apr 12, 2012
        I DO deal with it.. you missed my point: in ZE, its often not possible to take your hand off of either keyboard or mouse for a few seconds without dying. People who DON'T deal with it want an actual solution.

Edit: to answer your edit: yes, there are hold spots.. but unless you're a noob who simply runs to the hold spot and stands there waiting for the rest of the team (who are actually defending and backpedaling), then the chance of having a few free seconds EXACTLY when the map vote comes up is slim to none.
        Andrew, Sep 9, 2012 Last edited by Andrew, Sep 9, 2012
      • Feb 14, 2012
        There is already a solution. The admin can deal with the situation like he / she is supposed to. It falls under general mic spam.
      • Mar 12, 2008

I play ZE often, and theres always 5-7 people waiting for a door to open. Not facing the group, not doing anything except standing there, elbow-deep in a bag of doritos. I'm just saying that you give too much credit to ZE. It's very simple to prevent yourself from going crazy from the mic spam, but 90% of everyone is too lazy and would rather have a plugin do it for them.

They dont realize that plugins don't magically appear, and its gonna take some time to get around to it when more pressing matters are at hand. I'm sure if someone were to make a plugin, and it is sound, Kyle wouldnt have a problem adding it. Til then, its up to admins to do their thing.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 19, 2011
          '~' type "voice_enable 0" you say you don't take your hands off your keyboard? It takes 4 seconds to type that now hush.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Sep 9, 2012
            yea that would be lame is they muted everyone durning vote map :frownbig:
          • Apr 12, 2012
            What if you use arrow keys or cant type one handed? :razz:

Also, thats my point - the chances of having 4 seconds to stop moving during the mapvote and not die aren't that great...
          • May 12, 2012
            Unfortunately, when you do that in order to get voice_enable 1 to work you must then reconnect to the server.