Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Turn one of the servers into reload?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Notyab, Jun 11, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 10, 2011
    After talking to Harvey tonight he stated at one time there was such a critter, is there a way it could be brought back? I know thats where i would play most of the time and could convert others from old stomping grounds of mine (they wont play no reload).

Thoughts? Any interest other than myself?
  2. Oct 29, 2010
  3. May 11, 2011
    To have a reload server, you need reload maps. A lot of the maps from the good 'ol days aren't here. The few that are, have been almost/completely fixed/redone by mappers that it's not usable for reload anymore. Plus the illegal spots that were good back then will probably stay illegal. As a veteran from the good 'ol reload days years ago, I was sad to see this happen but when times have changed, so must you. Most of these maps are now horrible for reload. Plus with the extra boost, skilled bhopping, and glitching of props from players, having reload will get you killed most of the time. I'm with you on the idea but it's not meant to be anymore.
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    Gotcha, I have been playing on ibis's reload server without much issue. So converting to zombies almost never winning was the hardest part to come here. But i have gotten over it for the most part. Are there any custome zombies skins that could be added to maybe give that little extra edge to a zombie? Like speed / jump / semi invis? Sorry if im just beating a dead horse here.
  5. Nov 10, 2010
    Green Tea might actually be right, I've noticed many maps have been changed and just finding the old reload maps would be a pain in the butt.. I guess you would have to get use to unlimited ammo... I mean like lot of players on plaguefest are good so you don't got to worry about being bored on not getting killed by a zombie haha.
  6. May 27, 2008
    Been so long I can't remember if it was the third or second time we've tried this.

No one in our community wanted to help us get on our feet when we opened the Reload server. We probably only ever had it hit 10 people at most and before it and it's sister server, the lila 24/7 came out, we all remarked how the panic server would die and reload would always cap.. Boy did we ever shut the fuck up proper when we saw in amazement. I would love to see it back if only we can establish enough people who would be dedicated in getting it full or at least pulling up good numbers.

As far as turning one of our currently active unlimited severs into a reload would not be a good move as we will see the numbers in active players fall dramatically.
  7. Sep 26, 2010
    Just type "!zclass" or "!zmenu" to change your skin from a default zombie and you'll find some good choices for standard skins...my favorite is the half zombie since you can hide behind objects any other zombie would have to crouch behind but might still be noticed :whistling: we're sneaky little bastards :teehee: in any case, you can view the stats (both pros and cons) about each skin.

If you really enjoy playing on the servers and have been around for a while, purchase donator because you'll have 200 hp and different skins as a CT...fast hp regeneration as a zombie, and let's not forget the higher jump :thumbsup:
  8. Feb 1, 2011
    Ive played on reload servers before but i really cant tell the difference in them and regular zmod.. can yall help me on this? (sorry if im off topic)
  9. May 16, 2011
    ive played on a couple reload servers before. I liked it somewhat but i personally like unlimited ammo better.
  10. Sep 6, 2010
    Tried reload a few months ago but unfortunately the number of players fell to close to zero most of the times. I guess need special maps for it because zombies would win most of the time.
  11. Jun 10, 2011
    Oh i know we have different types, i have just seen some huge differences in skills as apposed to slight. I would be willing to help put my time into a reload server, i would even goto reload servers and see what maps they are using to help with a rotation. But again it sounds like im beating a dead horse here so i wont push it :smile:
  12. Mar 16, 2008
    We've tried reload at least 4 times, I think 5 though. It always fails.
  13. Jun 4, 2006
    The reload boat has sailed and isn't coming back to get us. We're done with reload.
  14. Feb 17, 2011
    in soviet russia reload is done with u!!! :teehee:
  15. Jun 7, 2011
    I think the biggest "zombie upgrade" costume would be one that can jump higher than the others. This may negate many spots in many maps, but it was always a perk to the skin itsself. I've played on many a reload and one that had this type of zombie made cadeing the better option over picking X high spot and stacking with 10 other people.
  16. Feb 1, 2011
    adding a reload server is a good idea.. i personally think that reload games will be a challenge for humans and zoombies...

but yeah we do need proper reload maps..

i have played zoombie reload on a different server.. was exciting..

i hope we start one again.. <_< <_<
  17. Jun 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.