Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Turn ZE2 into 24/7 Mako/Pred?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ablanantanalba, Jun 17, 2011

What's your opinion on this?

In favor 9 vote(s) 47.4%
Meh 4 vote(s) 21.1%
Against 6 vote(s) 31.6%
  1. Apr 13, 2011
    Almost every few minutes of every map on the ZE server, I and the other admins are pestered by the players to "nominate mako plz," or "nominate predator plox"
    Of course, these maps are nearly always recently played. Just take a look at this infographic of server time.

[IMG]

A whopping 21% of time the server was running, it was on Mako/Predator.

If we were to make ZE#2 into 24/7 Mako/Pred, we would be able to easily increase the population of the second zombie escape server while providing a place for all these players who want to play mako/predator all the time. We would be able to appease a great number of players and finally make use of the nearly dead ZE2.
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    Not a bad idea. Maybe add paranoid to that 24/7, but of course keep those on the original server.
  3. May 28, 2011
    haha penguin, i just said that to ICH in steam :razz: but yes i agree, pred/mako/para on ze2 would be a great idea.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    I've been wanting to look into manual redirection when ZE1 is full, asks players if they want to be redirected to ZE2 and they have to hit a key to accept. Haven't gotten around to this and no one seems to know if it's even possible.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    It has been done, but the only problem with that is it was on the hl1 engine. Never seen it on source though.
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    I'm 100% sure it's possible, like 100%.

It just requires people to press a button (F4 I think) to reconnect.
    I'm not sure how to do it though.
  7. Feb 21, 2007
  8. Apr 13, 2011
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    It was on source before OB AFAIK (automatic redirect that is).
  10. Apr 9, 2007
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    Personally I don't think this is a good Idea.
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    Well I guess since Kyle said he can do it we should. That would work out great for ZE2
  13. Aug 18, 2006
    The creator of Predator, Luffaren, explicitly asked us not to overplay his map. By doing this request, we would be doing that to the most extreme extent.
  14. Nov 26, 2010
    I would love to see this but in the grand scheme it is bad as it would drive half of our base into another server. That is bad because certain maps requite more zombies to make it enjoyable.
  15. Feb 21, 2007
    I do not think we should make any "this map only" server...as above, Luff did not want his map over played.

Aside from that. Part of what makes it so popular is that its NOT overplayed.

I've always been for general servers, not "this map only" server
  16. Feb 24, 2011
    I'd say leave it to the majority. Predator seems heavily overplayed already :/
  17. Jul 20, 2010
    Pred and mako are the most over played maps on our ze server. They get extend god knows how long. Honestly you would get less people on a 24/7 mako/pred/para server than our ze server. Sure people will enjoy for the few first hours then get bored of it after a while. I like the redirect idea though for when ze1 is full.