Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tutorials, Tips, Tricks straight from Professionals

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Clearly Trying, Aug 21, 2012

1. Jun 14, 2012
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    I started NCi along with three other players but got screwed over when NCi started to get a lot of paid subscriptions. I was the manager and took care of most of the paperwork, should've signed the contract when I had the chance. Funny, just found my old GotFrag post. lol. Anyways, I retired from the professional gaming community since competitive LAN's in the United States are pretty dead (contrary to the Euro-scene) after the fall of CAL/CPL. Good thing I found an upstanding community like Plaguefest. :party:

EDIT: Oh Lawd, they messed up their website. It needs a lot of work :pain:
    sajak, Aug 21, 2012 Last edited by sajak, Aug 21, 2012
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    I am confused. I see your post, but I dont remember ever having any talks with you and as I recall myself, DaZeD and mOE were the ones who started Netcode.

Anyway, sorry to hear that you dropped out of the Professional Gaming scene since the LANS were too easy/dead for you.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    Hi Casey, if you don't recall, I dealt with all the sponsor-side and PR-side of the organization. We had the forums put in place, the channel started, and the Ventrilo and game servers enabled. I'll look through my archive to refresh your memory. It was pretty harsh the way I was dropped when your purpose was met, but I expected something like that to occur at one point or another.

And it wasn't that the LANs were easy... because they weren't. We had good teams, but it was always the same teams and the LANs on the East Coast were dead. Without an airfare sponsor, flying to the West Coast for every LAN was getting too expensive. In any case, I was just riding with ForbiddeN until recently when they got removed from ESEA-Invite over the underage drinking fiasco. It was some major bullcrap but heh. Anyways, good luck to you and your organization!

EDIT: I see Clearly and RGA is supporting now too?! :giggle:
  5. Aug 21, 2012
    How were you dropped, I honestly you really remember really dealing with you.

Thanks! Netcode is hanging in there pretty well :smile:
  6. Jun 14, 2012
    Lol, no more of that for me Sajak. That didn't work out too well :razzdrunk:
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    Well, without blasting you with a lot of images and logs, here is when I was with NCi and when I was randomly dropped (I presume in favor of Scope?). Whatever your reasonings may have been, it's all in the past. I'm enjoying my home at PlagueFest :giggle: :

CSS - NCi 04

CSS - NCi 15