Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

U.S. Finds No Direct Link to Russia in Downing of MH17

Discussion in In The News started by Dr.Tommy Oliver, Jul 23, 2014

1. Nov 29, 2010
    Well.. hasn't it been already confirmed that the Pro-Russian rebels were the ones who pulled the trigger?
  2. Jul 20, 2010
    They claim they didn't shoot it down. But sat images confirm that the launch came from Pro-Russian rebel territory. De Facto it's Russia's fault, since they created the whole mess by invading Crimea and then arming the Pro-Russian Rebels with armor, weapons and training along with getting coordination from Russian officers. Using an Anti-Air battery isn't a simple task, you don't just hit a button and it lofts a missile into the air.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nov 29, 2010
      Nooo you don't say. I thought you push a button and stuff happens and a missile flies. (No shit if you're not catching onto the sarcasm)

The main fact I'm looking at is incompetence on the rebels part in fucking up in the first place, AA systems are complex pieces of hardware and a 777 flying at 33k might be mistaken as a fighter. Since the plane was shot down from 30k+ the only piece of hardware that would be able to down a plane that high is a BUK launcher, a bunch of twitter posts that are on the pro-russian rebel twitter accounts were removed subsequently and so-called leaders were bragging about two air-kills the same day. Russia's at fault for supplying the hardware? Sure whatever, that doesn't make the people who pulled the trigger any more innocent.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Aug 18, 2011

Ummm when I play Call of Duty that's all I have to do soooo I think your wrong.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Na I got your sarcasm lol, just adding to the point that the blood is on Russia's hands, even though they didn't have a Russian Military officer there manning the controls its still Russia's burden to bear as they provided the rebels with weapons systems and training. To an untrained person using an Anti-Air missile battery what they see on the radar would confuse them. Since there are two types of contacts you can see on the radar, those are planes that squawk a Military IFF code and then there are planes that squawk a Civilian IFF code. If an untrained person is manning the Anti-Air missile battery they would think that each blip is an enemy contact. Which is probably what happened here, what normally is done in cases where an aircraft if flying into a Anti-Air batteries defensive area is that they will hail the plane and ask it to identity itself.

Just cause I'm bored, those aren't Anti-Air batteries. Stingers and IGLA's are portable handheld Anti-Air weapons that are close range weapons, they don't have the capability to reach that high up to take out a target much less acquire a lock.
      • Feb 25, 2014
        What the mean there isn't a direct link between Kremlin ordering to shoot it down or they just shooting it down themselves. Of course Putin never would have wanted this to happen, he is corned now and if he crawls back it will be his political suicide. So he will never admit it that he supports the rebels, although it is very obvious. I think they shot it down thinking it would be a weapon transport air plane, and the one's handling the weapons have no idea what there really doing.
      • Oct 11, 2012
        This is not hurting Putin at all. All time high approval ratings in Russia for him... http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/uk...-approval-rating-all-time-high-russia-n161161

Only from a world view, but when has a political leader truly cared about what the world thought of them anyways?
      • Feb 25, 2014
        Ofcourse it does, because this could cause him to lose the upper hand in Ukraine. His strong point is his propaganda the Russian people admire him because of it, so he cannot go back now this would go drastic against his own propaganda. When things happen that could harm other nations and involves Russia indirectly it causes an huge break and gives the other country what they needed, a reason to punish Russia even more, Propaganda can only give you so much credits, but when the economy is going down people will stirr.
      • Jan 14, 2012
        The Dutch prime minister just announced that we're sending 23 investigators, accompanied by 40 unarmed Royal Marechaussees (wiki). The Royal Marechaussee is essentially the military police...
      • Feb 5, 2013
        I'm so jealous you get to play with Anti-Air Batteries in Call of Duty.
        When I play MW3, I have sit through the boring fights.
        The game is so boring. I want to listen to John Mccain "Bomb Iran" song.
      • Oct 11, 2012
        The problem is economic sanctions really do not affect him (Putin). So what is punishing him with economic sanctions actually accomplishing right now? It's kind of like threatening to steal a kid's lunch money by only limiting what kinds of ice cream he can buy with it.

Or will they? Hard to say... When you look at places like North Korea one would think they would have already stood up (we all know the propaganda STRONG there). There are a lot of factors that play in, but ultimately, Putin is going to go as he pleases. He know's Obama is a pansy (remember winning the hearts and minds of the people is more important to him) and much less the US military is strung out in a decade's long war that the American public is vastly tired of fighting both with American lives and dollars.

lol some how you quoted me as talking about COD, but that certainly wasn't me that said that.
      • Feb 5, 2013

Opps sorry.
        I was trying to quote [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54902)]Ðonut[/COLOR]
        I have no idea how this happen.
        Thanks for letting me know.
      • Feb 25, 2014
        We will see what will happen, Russia is not N Korea by far. I just cannot see what Putin has to win by killing Innocent people in an Air Plane.
      • Oct 11, 2012
        Yep, far different countries for sure. Hard to say (intentional or accidental). The good news (if there is any) is that most of the passengers probably died on impact and those that didn't probably lost consciousness within a few seconds due to cabin de-pressurization and went into a hypoxic state.
      • Feb 5, 2013

I find it odd that people would be supporting Putin. A supposedly Ex-KGB Officer.
      • Aug 18, 2011
        Hey Jaxified don't steal my quotes :razz:
      • Oct 29, 2010
        You Europeans aren't gonna do shit about Russia, you don't wanna get off Putin's titties.

Mommy Putin breastfeeds yall energy sources.

You're corrupted by money--EU's economy is too intertwined with Russia's for sanctions to be a viable option. Your French companions sell their warship anyways even after the MH17 terrorist act. . .

Putin does not give a fuck. He is king of millions of sheep.

Obama's not a pussy--the US is just too weary of wars, for we've entered one war too many, against a radical enemy(ies) with barely discernible identities.

No shit genius, HE IS KING AMONG SHEEP.
        • Funny Funny x 1
          meeko, Jul 25, 2014 Last edited by meeko, Jul 26, 2014
        • Feb 5, 2013
          Europeans certainly aren't going to help us, rescue our two American astronaut's stranded in space.