Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Uhm being Rattedddd :/

Discussion in Help Desk started by Flerx, Apr 15, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 15, 2014
    Herlo i'm Venom and before roomers go around and it wasn't me who banned everyone i was Rated to let yall know and i dont know who bob is and who did it so Sorry and pretty much BS that im perm banned... :/
    Been here for a year and i dont even get a 2nd chance and it wasn't my fault at all.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jun 4, 2012
      i don't know what was going on but i hope everything gets situated and resolved.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 14, 2013
        unfortunately in the case where users abuse power due to recklessness and or accounts are hijacked there is little room for forgivenesss
        This is simply how things will be , that "Venom" account is now banned indefinitly, no way around that
        I cant speak for all the admins but You can consider this a fresh start, and for starters make sure ur password is something hard to figure out like me :heart:
      • Oct 18, 2012
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 14, 2013
          winks at t u cutely XD
        • Apr 15, 2014
        • Aug 7, 2012
          I love people who use the "omg I was hacked sorry guys" line.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 11, 2012
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Apr 1, 2012
              If you take it to court, you might win, since eye testimony is the best form of evidence afaik
              • Like Like x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Apr 15, 2014
                Long story bend and atxdragon you dont know me... so yeh allot of people do say that but getting ratted is hacking ur account dummmy
              • Aug 12, 2012
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Feb 8, 2014
                  because "imasturbate2kirby" is a difficult password!

An admin was banned for abusing their powers. The CIA is investigating. If there are any further questions, please send them to...
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Jan 30, 2013
                    Pardon me for not being with the times, but whats rattedddd/rated/ratted?
                  • Aug 7, 2012
                    RATted, remote access trojan. basically, the kid went to some website and got phished/hacked and someone was able to grab his steam credentials and log in and do Bad Things.
                  • Apr 15, 2014
                    Remote Administration Tool hack. It's a general term for a hack that can let someone remotely control your computer. If he wanted to hack you, why would he tell you up front, why wouldn't he just do it? Sounds like he's trying to scare you.
                    I assume you have an antivirus program and firewall, don't open email attachments from someone you don't know or click on links in IM sessions. If you are protected and careful you should be alright
                    Post Merged, Apr 15, 2014
                    atx actually it was a Skype call port to port you can still get ratted that way.
                  • Aug 7, 2012
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Feb 8, 2014
                      You actually don't get RAT'd through skype. That's just to get your IP. My ex roommate's dog knows this.

@someonewhocares can we get a lock?
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Jan 30, 2013
                        Glad I don't really have to deal with that...sounds annoying. Besides steam has a two-step auth proccess, and even their email should have the same thing too. Then again, you probably wouldn't know until its too late.
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Apr 15, 2014
                          Brad, thats called a skype resolver all u need is there skype and you can't do much with a ip but hit them find where they live stuff like that and when you port connects with someones else port it allows them to send files herpppyy derpppyyy
                        • Dec 30, 2006

As you might have seen/heard from this afternoon of April 15, 2014. Your steam account was being used to ban numerous innocent players on our ZM server. Of course, we take note to this and have concluded that your bans were not justified. We have taken the liberty to remove your admin access from our community immediately after the incident and started the process of reversing all your actions. Next, you proceeded to spam our forum via chat box and creating threads that have no relevant meaning. I must remind you that spamming our site is against the rules, which warranted a forum ban. For the reference, you were continuously babbling about a person named Bob. Creating numerous accounts afterwards is also a violation of our rules.

I must take a moment here to included a word from our Terms of Service, in which you have agreed upon when purchasing admin.

"Note that all actions made under an account will be treated equally regardless of who was playing on it when rules were broken."
                          Source: http://plaguefest.com/help/terms

If you have any other questions or concerns. Feel free to add me on steam and I will take the liberty to chat about your consequences. But at this moment, you aren't on really solid grounds in regards of stating you have gotten hacked and such. Either way, it is your responsibility to ensure your steam account is in your personal possession. We cannot take exceptions.

Regards,
                          Secprotocol
                          • Like x 3
                          • Agree x 2
                          • Funny x 1
                          • Winner x 1
                          • Zing! x 1
                          • Informative x 1
                          • Mapping King x 1
                          • Friendly x 1
                          Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.