Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Unban

Discussion in Help Desk started by Crytek, Jul 20, 2012

1. Jul 20, 2012
    I got permanent ban on ze beacuse i spam "timeleft" in to console 5-6 days ago. Pls some admin unban me.
    My steam ID:- STEAM_0:1:33953920
  2. Nov 29, 2010

You're not listed on sourcebans, please wait for a root to come deal with your case.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Why do you morons insist on spamming timeleft as if nothing is going to happen? I'm not unbanning.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Apr 20, 2011
        you should not ban him he did that and he deserve what he did
      • Jun 4, 2012
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Huh? Do you mean unban him because he did something bad? As bad as I am in English, I really don't get this.
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Jun 20, 2012
            I was like "What the fuck is this then was like Oh he men't unban." TROLOLOL
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 20, 2011
              LOL sorry about that I type it in the morning I mean don't unban him
              Fail so bad
            • May 14, 2011
              I agree with Brain. WHY THE F**K do people type TIMELEFT if when you press tab (team stats) in the top right it shows a counting down clock of the timeleft. ALSO if you can see !rdisplay then it says it right in game from there.
            • Mar 20, 2012
              People spam sometimes! timeleft to see if we get another round or one human delays enough the round to make it the last round....
              I got kicked once for console spamming because i made a wrong mousewheelbind , y is it a permenant ban for timeleft spam when its a 30minutes ban for "connect ip" spam .....
              I really dont see a bigger offence there....
              or am I wrong and its accidentaly become a permenant ban due server crash? idk
              And if people waste their 2nd chances they really can gtfo of here then...
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Feb 21, 2007
                he is staying banned for now. I'm with brian. Maybe in a couple of days, I will re-evaluate this thread
              • Jun 4, 2006
                Connection spam is supposed to be a 1 hour ban but can get stuck to a perm if the server crashes.

Timeleft appears in chat and will spam it (or so it did last I checked, correct me if I'm wrong) so it's a pretty big annoyance in that regard alone. It's also been a common method for crashing css servers over the years by spamming timeleft (among a list of other convars/cmds that SMAC automatically blocks), though this was targeted at mani / eventscripts IIRC, but people still seem to try it on any random server they come across just to see if it works, or to be an annoying cunt. It's very unlikely that someone would accidentally hit a timeleft bind or similar enough times in a short enough period to trigger the autoban unless they were doing so maliciously (e.g. timeleft listed 100+ times in a .cfg bound to a key, each time u hit the key it spams timeleft 100 times, take this further by making a new cfg, throwing exec timeleft.cfg in there 10 times, then when that key is hit, it executes timeleft 1000 times in 1 hit, or put that cfg in there more than once... say 5 times, and then its 5000 timelefts in 1 key hit). I'm personally tired of morons who use timeleft and get banned, because it's really NOT that easy to get banned doing so unless you're purposely trying to do harm in some form or another. Pretty much everyone that plays uses timeleft at some point or another, either bound to a key or typed in chat, and how many of those get banned? 1 in... 10,000+ at least? Seems to be about that ratio.
              • Apr 12, 2012
                What is the max allowed timeleft commands within a few seconds? Is it something like 10-12, or 3 or 4? If its 3 or 4 that seems like spamming it could be accidental quite often.
              • Jun 4, 2006
                A lot more than 10-12 I'll say that much.
              • Jun 18, 2012
                I don't want to interfear but I think I read a thread today about another player getting unbanned for something similair to spamming ... Not sure, cause I don't remember it to well, but it would be kinda unfair if he'd be unbanned and Crytek not. But I'm not the boss arround here, just something I noticed. :smile:
              • Mar 12, 2008
                About 1hour or so after he was unbanned, this thread sprang up.

We get so many people that need unbans for spamming timeleft, i'd say just keep them all banned. It's becoming too much of a problem, recently.
              • Jun 4, 2006
                All cases are unique, some players have histories, some don't. Sometimes issues become prominent enough that examples need to be made. As with the other thread I too said I personally was not unbanning, that does not mean another management cannot or will not.
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Dec 7, 2010
                  In the future if you want to find how much time is left on a map, I would just press the <TAB> button which also displays timeleft without the need to spam the console/chat box.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jul 20, 2012
                    Why, in the world, would you spam timeleft more than once every 5 minutes? Have you a memory of 1/100 of second perhaps :S
                    Sorry, in all seriousness I just think spamming timeleft is always intentional... There is no reason to do it more than once right? I mean you use timeleft to see how long it takes until the nextmap, not to spam it over and over and over and over.