Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

unfuck physics?

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by jookbob, Aug 26, 2012

1. Mar 19, 2012
    So somehow the physics get fucked up where they are either really fast or slow. Probably some map setting or something. Would it be possible to reset physics each map or something? It is basically game ruining on maps like smash_cannon/smashfloor and on soccer minigames.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    Those maps need a change. They were getting boring as they were.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Mar 19, 2012
      thats not even the point. ANY map that relies on physics is now broken.
    • Jan 21, 2011
    • Mar 19, 2012
      It seems like you disagree just for the sake of disagreeing.

@Kyle noticed server was restarted to fix. Was that a permanganate or quick fix? (will server need to be restarted always?)
    • Jul 16, 2012
      Probably just a quick-fix until they can figure out what is causing the physics to completely screw themselves over on certain maps.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      I don't even know what you guys are talking about, I didn't take any action.

Is this the vphysics bug where all the props go wonky and go through floors/walls?
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I think its where shit just moves fast. Blocks out of cannons fly and fall faster for example. I restarted MG btw so that's the 'quick fix' he's referring to.
    • Mar 19, 2012
      no its when moving objects like soccer ball and stuff move faster/slower. Physics scale/speed?

EDIT: probably the phys_timescale command
    • Apr 9, 2012
      With the first time releasign my map (cathedral) I've seen for the first time between both Pf and Supreme Elite and my own computer on how the physics are different between them... It's pretty strange to experience lol. Anyway if it breaks that's not good to hear. Perhaps it's the same what happened to Minas?