Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

unlimited ammo ?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Ace, Nov 12, 2013

1. Nov 12, 2013
    i think we should make unlimited ammo . that will make players play much better . because in my 2 days of playing i saw alot of people who dont know what to do . we just finished a map with score 0/20 because people dont know what to do .
    in the same time increase zombie hp make it like 20k or 15k zombie hp .
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Apr 1, 2012

here's my coded response: 13-15, crack the code guys
    • Feb 3, 2012
      We already have a ZM 24/7 Unlimited Ammo server: zm.plaguefest.com
    • Nov 12, 2013
      Jed i am talking about zombie escape not zombie mod -,-
    • May 31, 2012
      I personally find Zombie Escape to be enjoyable because of the team effort and strategies used to win. Unlimited ammo will deprive the server of this team effort because a single player would more easily be able to hold off zombies.

Lets not forget the game is suppose to be enjoyable for zombies also. Limited ammo helps preserve this balance. If it completely sucked being a zombie many would likely not want to play on the server with the risk of spawning as a zombie.

The players that "suck" right now aren't sucking because of the limited ammo... they just "suck" and need more practice or to work with the team. I died and still do die a billion times working on this.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Feb 3, 2012
        Because Unlimited Ammo on ZE is a great idea! :sarcastic:
      • Nov 12, 2013
        i know its will be a little bit unbalanced for zombies. BUT! zombie will have more hp like 20k or 30k . AND zombie will have lower knockback. and first zombie should have 0 knockback to make it fair to him
        Post Merged, Nov 12, 2013
        what this code mean -,-
      • May 31, 2012
        Adding extra conditions to meet the current balance means unnecessary work. Why fix something that isn't broken? It certainly wont improve the server.

How am I interpreting this work is analogous to adding a super powerful engine to a car BUT! the engine is soooo heavy it leads to the car moving the same speed (or slower). It might seem like a cool idea to add a super powerful engine to the exampled car but you have to understand the consequences to the change.
        • Agree Agree x 1
          Joshy, Nov 12, 2013 Last edited by Joshy, Nov 12, 2013
        • Apr 1, 2012
          edit: I can't alphabet today!
          but no, having unlimited ammo on pF ZE is going to wreck everything. it would require a significant effort just to balance things the instance unlimited ammo is added (copying and pasting the UL ammo ZM settings to ZE would not cut it since ZE's gameplay is far off from ZM's gameplay). 0 knockback on mother zombies?? are you kidding me.. so there's nothing that can stop mother zombies aside from napalm nades and special items?

if the players are failing, try to improve your game instead of asking for easier server settings.
          also if the map where you went 0-20 is convoy or taboo, don't be surprised. but if you went 0-20 on deathstar, maybe the players need an MRI.
        • Oct 29, 2010
        • Oct 18, 2012
          I would not like ze with unlimited ammo. At all.
        • Apr 1, 2012
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Sep 25, 2010
            NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Dec 27, 2012
              I'm not a fan of ZE but based on my own experiences, adding 20k zombie health and then give humans unlimited ammo is not something even close to fun. Holding different sites for a limited amount of time with unlimited ammo? Can you even imagine that? Zombies health wouldn't matter because they would never reach the humans in the first place.

It's based on teamwork, making things challenging is common sense because no teamwork would be needed if there was no challenge. And as Joshy already said, why fix something that isn't broken? Plaguefest ZE is popular for a reason, changing something this major would most certainly have an impact on the server population. I don't know if it's your lack of experience but unlimited ammo and zombies that never dies just doesn't fit ZE, I can tell you that. Not the ZE server that we have here anyway.

Interesting thread but I personally don't see this as a good suggestion.

What makes you think that players will play better with unlimited ammo? Will they become better players if all they need to do is to hold down fire button and have a decent aim?

If people don't know what to do and your solution to this is to add unlimited ammo and bulkier zombies then I have a lot of questions for you, however maybe I misunderstood your point somewhere so I'll end it with that. Unexperienced players needs to ask other people for advice and sometimes even watch others play and add their own strategies to grow as a player. Changing the mod is not an option nor a solution for this.
              • Agree Agree x 1
                Vicarious, Nov 12, 2013 Last edited by Vicarious, Nov 12, 2013
              • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
              • May 31, 2012
                They made it limited ammo for a reason....
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Mar 12, 2008
                  ooh I got an idea, Unlimited ammo, but ban p90's/m249. That would balance out well!
                • Jul 20, 2010
                  Nope ban all full auto weapons and only use semi-auto, pump or bolt action weapons. :ohyou:
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Feb 11, 2012
                    Or ban all weapons except unlimited ammo AWPs
                    Cts will never win again!

Nawwww but seriously...just naawwwww
                  • Jul 2, 2013
                    Well actually, There are two types of "Unlimited Ammo" There is one where you just keep shooting non stop. The other one is where you reload but you can reload as many times as you want without losing that "800" Ammo already set. If you are talking about the Unlimited Ammo as in Non Stop shooting, its going to be a BIG NO for me, It is too easy for humans and extremely hard for zombies to even get near the humans. Now in this case if your talking about Unlimited Ammo as in reloading without losing any of that "800" Ammo already set. Then I would say yes because some maps take up like all the ammo. Also you cant use !zmarket because it wont let you purchase any weapons.
                    Divine, Nov 12, 2013 Last edited by Divine, Nov 12, 2013