Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Unlimited bullets on ZE

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Tony Montana, Sep 5, 2011

1. Jul 4, 2011
    On maps such as the new Mako reactor you run out of bullets quite easily if you hold the zombies back + kill the boss, leaving you with no primary gun at the end where it's most needed. My suggestion is to make it so you can't run out (still have to reload like usuall).
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    I'm on board with this as long as you do still have to reload. Not having to reload would throw the balance off all of the maps, We get 600 ammo anyways, on other maps that is pretty much unlimited. If Unlimited is unreasonable, then at least raising the ammo limit (from 600 to 1,000) would help.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    The ammo limits are part of the ZE balancing for those more challenging maps, use your secondary more. :thumbsup:
  4. Aug 18, 2006

I've increased the maximum ammo from 800 to 900. It's not much, but it should help. If I increase it much more the ammo will start glitching.
  5. Feb 17, 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-ANd7ZncQ&feature=related

but rly unlimited ammo sucks specialy with the high knock back ZE have on their server.
    i think its well balanced even with ray's ammo upgrade should be enough.

but one thing though... there is a limiter on the nade throwing coz it spams the voice command "fire in the hole" and on a map like LOTR_helms deep thats an issue. coz u cant hold the door with 3 nades for each player :razz: so maybe u can look into that?
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    You can hold the gate pretty well on Helms Deep if everyone just goes to the door and shoots you don't need to spam nades.
  7. Jan 5, 2007

What the heck have you been smoking man?
  8. Feb 20, 2011
    1 person who goes down to shoot through the holes that appear in the door does far more than 10 people dropping nades down uselessly.
  9. Jul 4, 2011
    Is it not possible to have the ammo refill itself once it hits 0?
  10. Jul 4, 2011
    Please, do tell why you think unlimited ammo would suck, I doubt you've ever used up all of your ammo. In theory, you've been playing with unlimited ammo all the time. The anti-nade spam exists because of Minas Tirith where you can get an ammo barrel which is an unlimited supply of grenades = really easy wins for the humans, not due to the "fire in the hole" sound.
  11. Feb 17, 2011
    dude i played for more than a year exclusively on one server that had unlimited ammo for ZE maps.
    when i first switched to servers with limited ammo immediately i felt its more fun. its more challenging and u WILL have to THINK about ur ammo.
    now it would be annoying IF and only IF the ze server was not populated well. coz then really u would need more ammo. but pF's ZE is very popular and always have at least 20-30+ players on it.

the other reason also is again the HIGH KNOCK BACK with a bullit to the head it will shoot the zombie away so shoot wisely.

in some maps where it NEEDS to be that u have more ammo like for instance predator. the mapper adds spots where u get ur ammo regenerated instantly

and btw on mako i always finish with less than 200 or 100 ammo left.

so no i am not for unlimited ammo.
  12. Feb 20, 2011
    Im one of the most trigger-happy players you'll see on ZE, and I rarely drop below 100 rounds left. Sometimes on Mako I'll have have about 70 rounds left by the end of Extreme, but that's a rare case.