Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Unwarranted Threat/Admin Abuse

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by zx_storm, Sep 29, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 12, 2012
    Ok, the new admins that are "cracking down" on bhopping are being unreasonable (and completely contradictory). While playing the ZE server (which is all I ever play), I joined the game and instantly became zombie to a game already in progress on the Mako map (I'm sure you are familiar with this map if you play ZE maps). While running through to catch up, I get to the part before the Mako factory entrance, and I take the high route (I always take the high route). There were no humans shooting at me, so I continued quickly through and jumped from the top past the pipes and into humans and started slashing away. All fun and games.. until ALL the admins start complaining that I was bhopping. I wasn't, and they know I didn't, they are just pissed that nobody saw me jump right into them.

After explaining to them I did what everybody does, a normal jump from the top to the bottom (and after receiving a warning from them), I decided to screenshot them doing the EXACT SAME THING they told me not to do. Should I purposely not jump anywhere so that humans will win? Whats the point in that. Jumping is there to jump, not to just fall, otherwise it wouldn't be playing. They weren't complaining because I was bhopping (which I wasn't), they were complaining because I was a zombie and they were all humans and weren't paying attention. So here's a screenshot of all 3 admins doing the same thing, as well as 7 other people (oh wait, yes, that was all 10 players that took the high route, all jumped, funny).

Something has to be done about this ridiculous attitude by the new found admins that are quickly blaming people for bhopping, when they clearly don't understand what bhopping is.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    I don't make the rules. I enforce what I am told. As of right now as confirmed by the management there is no tolerance for bhopping regardless of the situation. You were warned with the admin chat with no other action. This is not abuse. On top of that you can't even prove you did or did not do anything with a still screen shot.
  3. Sep 12, 2012
    Ok, I do apologize for those 3 people I pointed out as Admins (at least 2 of those were not, they are just other donators).
    This is the admin.. and oh ya, he was doing it too:

[IMG]
  4. Apr 9, 2007
  5. Sep 12, 2012
    Warning people of what you classify as bhopping, when you do it yourself, is completely hypocritical.
  6. Feb 14, 2012
    Post Merged, Sep 29, 2012
    The admin in the picture is not the admin that warned you. I warned you for bhopping I believe. That is not my "skin". I was behind you.
  7. Jul 16, 2012
    It is to a certain point, as in people bhopping to either gain Materia before someone else or as a zombie to kill a human.

Storm, in this situation (If I recall correctly) You jumped from the *high point*, onto the water heater/cooler (As indicated in your picture) then proceeded to wipe out the humans and cause a win for Zombies.This is why you were warned not to jump.

New admins will always come and go within a large community, such as Plaguefest. There is no need to belittle us as we are simply doing what we've been instructed to do.
  8. Sep 12, 2012
    Really? Did you *watch* me bunnyhop? Because if you did, you would have shot me so I didn't tag half the CT's, instead of pulling out the "admin power" of an unnecessary warning. Nice try attempting to cover it up with "[screenshots don't prove anything]", when you know you were in the wrong.
  9. iProbie
    This message by iProbie has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 29, 2012, Reason: Not needed in abuse thread.
    Sep 29, 2012
  10. Sep 12, 2012
    I did not jump. I "fell" from the top to the top of the water heater, then walked a step and jumped over the pipes so I would land right on top of the humans. No harm, no foul.

I know you're just doing what you're told, and I've seen some pretty bad bhoppers that have ruined it before.. but I don't do that, I'm playing the game as it was intended to be played. I just think the definition of bhopping is being blanketed and overused, when people are just trying to play the game normally.
  11. Jul 16, 2012
    It is hard to shoot a zombie that is flying in the air (Roughly half a second reaction time).
    Would you had rather been kicked for it? He warned you through admin chat in-game so you would know not to do it again in future rounds.
    There is no-covering up going on here. The screenshots simply do not prove anything due to the fact no names are shown and due to that, there is no way to know who exactly did the jumping.
  12. Jul 1, 2010
    From what I am understanding these screenshots are from way after what you were actually doing. I'm being told that this occurred back at the trains. Will await an explanation.
  13. Sep 12, 2012
    My screenshots were simply proving that EVERYBODY jumps from there, but yet I was the only one warned because I was a zombie.

That seems odd, considering I jumped into the game after it started and all of the CTs had JUST left the train area. The warning came when I jumped into the area from the screenshot and began to tag CTs.
  14. iProbie
    This message by iProbie has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 29, 2012, Reason: There was a reason for the deletion!.
    Sep 29, 2012
  15. iProbie
    This message by iProbie has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 29, 2012.
    Sep 29, 2012
  16. Jul 1, 2010
    Guys, please remember the rules for these. I want stuff relevant to what occurred on the server only (or really relevant), preferably if you were there. You can't see it but there are deleted posts that have brought nothing useful to help conclude this.
  17. Sep 12, 2012
    If that was directed towards my screenshots, that was just 1-2 rounds after the whole warning process. If that wasn't directed towards me, then I apologize.
  18. Jul 16, 2012
    Not sure whom told you this, but the occurrence happened at the water pipe / door right before the bridge on Mako.
  19. Sep 12, 2012
    I worded that wrong, I'm sorry. I meant to say: I did not jump from the very TOP. I dropped down to the water heater and then jumped after getting to the edge, which landed me on top of the CTs.
  20. Jul 16, 2012
    Which caused you to gain an unfair advantage; By dropping from the *High Point* it allowed you to receive a small,bug significant speed boost from your next jump.
    However if I am misunderstanding you and that you actually jumped from the *high point* onto the water heater, walked to the edge of it, jumped, and managed to kill around 8 humans then cause a round win for Zombies, then my apologizes.
  21. MZez
    This message by MZez has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 29, 2012.
    Sep 29, 2012
  22. Sep 12, 2012
    Umm no, that's not bunny hopping. Bunny hopping is right when you land, you jump. If you continue your pace after a step, jumping is just a normal jump. In EITHER case, everyone in my screenshots did the same thing. I got the warning, none of them.

This is why I'm complaining. The admins are given a set of rules, and don't understand them. They all have their own definition of bugs and other glitches. If you don't understand, don't act, don't be an admin, or be trained. Just because you paid to be an admin, doesn't mean you know what to do. I specifically didn't want admin access, because I did not want to take on the responsibilities of an admin.. so I donated a little and went with just the donator status.
  23. MZez
    This message by MZez has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Sep 29, 2012.
    Sep 29, 2012
  24. MZez
    Sep 29, 2012
  25. Jul 1, 2010
    I'm restricting this to poster, LSA+ and the person who did the warn. I don't want to have to delete any more posts, but I will if anyone else does.
  26. MZez
    Sep 29, 2012
  27. Feb 14, 2012
    You were bhopin before these screen shots were taken you were warned before these screenshots. This is not the area that is in question. You were bhoping in the train / town area. As there is no evidence any way I'm not sure what we're trying to accomplish here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.