Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Update on stuff, and SSBB

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by JorisCeoen, Dec 20, 2016

1. Apr 9, 2012

Long time no see. 2016, A lot of things happened. I am currently finishing my master degree for music as an organist. It's ridicilous how much time and effort it requires. I'm easily unavailable until at least the end of June. In the mean time I've been busy with my YouTube channel and other kinds of maps.

I deeply miss mapping, and the more time I spend on studying for the master, the harder this feeling becomes. I am having a hard time finding a balance between both which is why I decided to just focus entirely on music for now until it's over. It's technically only months away, after which I will finally have the free time I wanted for a looooong time.

With the release of Wall Worm Pro and all the support for the Source Engine now (mainly having native .mdl support, something which not many people noticed but is basically a dream come true for porters (the first ever native .mdl importer for 3DS Max, meaning no decompiling or corruption or losing any data whatsoever)), flawless .vmf importer, support for all shaders including 4-Way blend etc. etc. etc... I intend to pick up and finish what I started after all.

ze_SSBB is a project that I have always wanted to finish, but at the time I had no experience about the technicals of the engine etc. You all know the story. I also said I abandoned the original version, which is still true. However, after my master I want to take the time to redesign this map completely. In contrary to what I always did before, I don't want to do it alone this time.
    So yes, I'm asking if an experienced mapper is willing to collaborate with me for the map. Since I will be working in 3DS Max I already want to clarify that the working progress will be different than usual as it happens between Hammer-Hammer (now it would be 3DS Max - Hammer). I would mainly be doing the design, but I would need help for things like level switchers, boss battle technicies and overall just helping me with the latest up-to-date systems that make these possible. Only with the help of a few people I can pull it off, so I'm stepping away from always wanting to do everything alone. And, after all, it would 'rectify' all the promises I made in the past regarding this project.

I will relaunch this thread when I'm done with my masters degree, and see who is willing to help me get this project standing.

I wish you all very nice holidays, and a happy new year =)
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    Zombie Escape is more alive than ever. Unless you've been living under a rock, that is. CS:GO is filled with full server 24/7, and has reached a point where it goes beyond ZE on CS:S. And even then, in weekends you can find many full servers on CS:S for zombie escape.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    Yes. 3DS Max is free of charge in the form of student licenses.