Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Updated Zombie Servers

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Dec 30, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2007
    We're updating our SourceMod to 1.5 from an older 1.4...

Thanks for your patience!

Update: We're running SM1.5 on all of our servers now (No more mixture, I thought it wasn't, but it was). As well to this, I've been messing with SDKHooks quite a bit, the performance changes could be pretty damaging, not make a difference at all, or be a total win. It's really up to you guys to let me know, I don't think it would hurt anything, though.
    • Like x 6
    • Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Wizard! x 1
    • Useful x 1
      Kyle, Dec 30, 2012 Last edited by Kyle, Dec 30, 2012
    • May 20, 2011
      Thanks for the news. I wasn't able to find any changelogs. Anything interesting?
    • Feb 11, 2012
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Like Like x 2
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
      • Apr 1, 2012
        Terima kasih, xie xie, arigato, danke, thx (I'm bored..)
      • Jun 11, 2012
        You must hate french because you missed MERCI. :arrogant:
      • Jun 18, 2012
        FU you two cause the Dutch are clearly left out. DANKJEWEL!
      • May 20, 2011
        ZM seems to perform really worse. In-game lag and mod is working like it's run on a Commodore 64.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Unfortunately over the last two days the core network in the datacenter that we're in has regressed significantly (LSN). It's also possible it's just who they peer with, but all in all if they're using that carrier it's the same result :neutral:

They demanded a traceroute before investigating anything, so I wrote a script to automatically ping the server every 10s, if it's missed, it does a traceroute and the action is logged. Someone else in their network was attacked, and their carrier link went down. So while I can only bump the ticket every few hours updating on unlogged outages, I don't think they're going to do anything unfortunately. It's not just us, it's the entire datacentre that goes down. The problem is when only one carrier goes down, other players can be completely fine, while others are having a hell of a time. We can't really work around this unfortunately. If someone has an offsite server we can setup a mirror, but there would be increased latency. It would only really work well if LSN had multiple datacentres (Softlayer rocks in this regard), but they're just the one.
        Post Merged, Dec 31, 2012
        Oh, and just for completeness...
        Anything above 2s is a timeout (I should probably implement that eh...).
        We're not the only customers getting effected by this...
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007

I like the uptime on ZE.
          • Agree x 2
          • Winner x 2
          • Like x 1
          • Funny x 1
          • Wizard! x 1