Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Updates?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by chickenfoot, Dec 22, 2013

1. Oct 8, 2013
    I would like to see more updates to PlagueFest.

Personally, I love having goals to work towards, and getting achievements. However, PF: Zombie Mod hasn't really had many to offer. It would be awesome if PlagueFest had something kind of like HellsGamers, where you could use points or credits to purchase things like hats, skins, trails, tails, etc. These points/creds could be accumulated any way Management sees fit, but preferably not by donating money, because there are already rewards for that. Credits could be accumulated by time spent on the server, kills, goomba stomps (my favorite), or rounds won.

Goomba stomping probes my next suggestion:

I think that the Goomba Stomping idea was great. However, it takes a lot of skill and risk goomba stomping especially zombies, since they have so much health and are much easier just to shoot. I feel like it would be way more fun if Goomba stomping awarded you more points or something.

Well, you get the jist of my suggestion, thanks.

Please comment on what you think. I don't want this to be another thread that just gets tucked away as a neat idea but never acted upon. Thanks guys! :smile:
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Feb 3, 2012
        Sajak's signature pretty much explains this.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 14, 2010
          Most of us here at pF dislike trails, and all that gimmicky shit because it ruins gameplay.

If there was a store, I would prefer it be very zombie themed and simple so that it doesn't become a clusterfuck of annoying trails and stupid banana skins etc.
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Nov 11, 2011
            • Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Feb 3, 2012
              It's more of the trails that I hate since they're just follower magnets on ZM similar to donator skins.
            • Oct 18, 2012
              Please search up thread topics before making a new one.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I never got an answer on this ever, but my idea of making it so people who only have the feature enabled will see the store related stuff... Just like tracers. If you don't have them enabled, you won't see them at all. Toss that into the store (with something simple like trails, fuck hats because that's just more shit to download) and even a couple trails that are like pictures (will add more stuff to download, but at least it's not a model and if it's not an overly large VTF, it won't be much to download. Like, less than 500KB if it's under dimensions of 64x64) Or even simple Sprite hats using the same idea as picture trails.

Players who don't want to opt in to the store don't have to and play the game just like they used to before. Not being opted in means you get no points to spend, along with not seeing stuff.
              Obviously if you are opt in, you will see everything and earn points to buy stuff, depending on what we let people buy.

I think giving the player the option to participate in the store is better for both sides... People who don't like it can pretend it doesn't exist, and those who like it can use it. Just like the tracers.

But, a store on Zombie Mod? I'm not so sure about that, but it could be fun. Would be better for on MG i think. I hate the store for MG, so personally i wouldn't opt into it, but there are lots of players that like that stuff.... It's like something else to look forward to if you're not as skilled at shooting (which basically our MG is, who is a better player since we only player TDM maps rather than Minigames maps)

EDIT: This is the file sizes of about 149 different trails, each and total
              That's a few MB, and i wouldn't even say put that many in our store.... MAYBE half of what i have downloaded, hell even a quarter. Don't need a lot, just something to make the store hungry players happy. Wouldn't take that long to download at all. Plus you could put some of that in fastdl, but that would be a lot of crap added to your fastdl file. Even regular dl would be fast enough for that.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                Tony The Tiger, Dec 22, 2013 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Dec 22, 2013
              • May 27, 2008
                I'm sorry, but I stopped reading here. That is something the two communities will never have in common.

However this thread will probably meet the same fate. The ideas are great, but they just cannot/don't want to add a bunch of bells and whistles, especially for the playerbase [which is huge btw] that play for a vanilla ZM experience.
                • Like Like x 1
                • May 31, 2012
                  If people could just give things a chance and read through the thread, @Tony has offered a solution beneficial for both sides; I feel like people are so stubborn and just give up on ideas or trash other people ideas right away.

I am not a big fan of trails but I like incentives AND I like options.
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  What's the benefit exactly? I mean I've looked what he wrote... but I don't see a benefit...
                • May 27, 2008
                  It's not that I'm stubborn [It's okay, you can call me out directly I don't bite] it's that it's asking too much. Check the responses from the other threads by Kyle and/or Brian. They have their reasons as to why we won't see it.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Feb 27, 2012
                    The choice of each player deciding of if they want to see store related things or not. People that want it get it, and the people that don't don't. Of course, everyone would have to download the stuff, but that's like 4MB if you plan on putting 150 different trails, which is a ridiculous amount anyway.

A small selection to try it out and see how players like it wouldn't hurt either, which could be like 15-25. If we/they don't like it at all whether they are opt into it or not, we delete the ~1MB of store related files from the server and never do the store thing again. An extra couple MB of stuff for people to download won't really hurt. Just as long as we don't start adding custom models for hats and whatnot. Something simple is nice. I'd say just don't get carried away with adding too much stuff or custom files.

Not begging or pushing the idea, but those are just a couple ideas to expand off of this. I wouldn't really want a store, i don't like them. I'm there for the game, not the items.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Apr 9, 2007
                      I'm not prepared to (on average) wait an extra 20-57 seconds just to download a bunch of garbage trails. I'd leave the server if I was downloading that.
                      • Agree Agree x 2
                      • Apr 24, 2012
                      • May 27, 2008
                        Not to mention that out there are still people with 56k connections. It would take them 9 minutes to download everything and then join the server, in which time I think they'd also be dropped due to slot reservation.
                        • Agree Agree x 2
                        • Feb 3, 2012
                          Especially with all of the players on ZE.
                        • Feb 27, 2012
                          It takes that long for 15-25 files? That's like 350KB total lol. If it does take that long, then screw it. We've done well without a store this far, why add one now.

Good lord, i thought it was impossible to play on a 56k connection by now.
                        • Nov 11, 2011
                          A moment of silence for our friend @Luffaren :bashful: