Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Upgrade SourceBans?

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by NSanityHD, May 24, 2016

1. Feb 8, 2016
    Hey guys.

Has this suggestion been bought up yet at all? Upgrading SourceBans so that we can utilise VoiceComm bans. This would effectively help us keep track of all voicecomm bans and will allow us to check how many times a player has been muted for the same offence, that in turn will allow us to keep track on such player(s) voicecomm ban activity. I think it's a good suggestion myself.

What do others think?
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    To ban more people? No man, come on.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feb 8, 2016
      Not to ban more people, no.

With VoiceComm "bans" each time a player is muted, it will update to SourceBans. This will allow admins to keep track on players mutes and will also eliminate players reconnecting to the server to avoid mutes. Because the mutes are Steam ID based, when a player reconnects to avoid the mute, as soon as they connect to the server, they will get automatically remuted until the mute time limit has expired. Sort of how the bans work (duration specified), the voicecomm mutes work the same way.

SourceBans++ (http://sbpp.sarabveer.me) version (https://www.gameconnect.net/projects/sourcebans/manual)
      NSanityHD, May 24, 2016 Last edited by NSanityHD, May 24, 2016
    • May 31, 2012
      This was discussed earlier about admins being able to keep track of warnings.
    • Jan 25, 2014
      nah this would actually decrease bans based on people dcing avoiding mute. re read it again
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I've been keeping an eye on the forked version of SB for a while now. It had a vulnerability or two early on that prevented us from switching to it. I'm more or less waiting for the codebase to mature a bit more before considering it. Whether or not the commbans will be utilized is beyond me atm though, that still needs to be looked into and discussed.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Apr 9, 2007
        The developer is 14 and doesn't know any programming languages. I don't recommend running his fork for the latter reason.