Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Upgrading my mouse and Headset

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by zenzr, Jan 29, 2013

1. Jul 8, 2012
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga my current mouse.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/pc-headsets/ear-force-x12/56 my current headset.

The Black tie warranty on both of these comes up in the next few months, and I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions of upgrades or other ideas for each of these. So preferably I would need to find anything through Best Buy. For mice I'd prefer multiple buttons, and for headset I would like to hopefully go wireless, though I have tried http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-gaming-headset-g930?crid=721 and was disappointed with the lack of bass, perhaps I just got a bad product. I have no problem having a wired headset as well. Was even thinking of just going with a normal headset without a mic so perhaps suggestions on that as well.

I just want input on what others use, and possibly new ideas for me as well.

Any suggestions anyone has on either of these items, it's okay If they're not through Best Buy, would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    My logitech G700 is a fantastic mouse, but my favorite was my Cyborg rat5. Although the rat7 has more customize-ability, it has tracking issues (Dharkk will disagree but he's a poop head).

I have the G930 and the bass is solid on mine; I just don't like the closed ear design. I prefer open ear headsets like my H760 so I can hear what's going on around me. I believe Sennheiser makes an open ear headset, and sennheiser is a well known brand for audio.
  3. May 5, 2012
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    My mouse is an €20 Logitech one. Awsome as well
  5. Jun 11, 2012
    You could find the headphone you want and use modmic as your mic. It attaches to any headphones and still beats most headset mics. I just ordered one to use with my closed ear headphone that I love. Most headset are either Good Heaphone-Bad Mic or Bad Headphone-Good Mic. So with my set up I get the best of both world.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 29, 2010
      Cyborg rat 5 feels beastly, I love the feel and customization of that mouse, if I didn't already own a razor naga, I'd already have a cyborg.

As for keyboards, a mechanical keyboard will take you a long way. As shiny as razor is, I generally don't like their price for their quality.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      As Seeker has said, the RAT7 is a no go. Being an annoyed owner of one, it was a major waste of $90. I get tracking issues, the slightest bit of loud bass from music makes the mouse hover upwards (even after the bass off, it takes 10min+ to adjust), and I've tried different mouse mats and I get the same thing. However using the Deathadder Black Edition, there was perfect precision in mouse movement (Deathadder: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-deathadder-black/). I enjoyed it, although it broke, I will be getting another as soon as I can.

For headsets, also as Seeker said, the G930 is a fantastic headset, and I love it. The battery life lasts quite some time, the voice in crystal clear (sometimes too clear, picks up things people say (not yell) from two rooms over O.o), and is extremely comfortable. And if you're a OCD cleaning freak like me, you'll love them because they're easy to clean with a Clorox wipe. This brings me back to the RAT7: it's a bitch to clean, and has so many little crevices to get gook and nasty shit/built up oil from hands in. Although its customize-ability is great, it's a very awkward mouse, and too finicky to use for me.

Logitech and Razer have great mouses, check all of them out before you make a final decision.
      Post Merged, Jan 29, 2013
      The Blackwidow Ultimate and 2013 version are very great though, if those are the ones you're talking about. Heavy (literally) duty keyboards too, thing weighs more than any other keyboard out there.

I have the Blackwidow Ultimate and will be upgrading to the 2013 version soon.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Interesting. Perhaps I just got a bad unit then. When I turned up the bass even a little, the distortion was absolutely terrible. I was so disapointed in paying $150 for a headset. I can agree the battery life was amazing and it wasn't hard to clean at all. I liked it, besides the faulty audio.

I was wondering about that. I wanted to try it, but I haven't yet. How is the bass and audio quality?

But I will look into all the suggestions so far. I have a laptop so I have no real need for an external keyboard. The reason I have a Naga is I do play WoW and a few other MMO's that require more than 3 buttons. Also being a healer, more buttons/maco combo's are definitely a gain. I absolutely love my Naga, it's fluid and the only problem I've had was a button stop working, which Best buy let me get a brand new one upon coming into the store.

Thanks guys, and keep the suggestions coming if anyone has anything else to add. I appreciate it.
    • May 5, 2012
      I really dont know, haha :d the bass is not something i put alot of focus into. The quality is good i would say, but i have tried some 7.1 headsets which seem better(because they are 7.1)

Also: http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-tiamat-71 Would that be something :d
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Yeah I like audio quality a lot. That's why I was thinking maybe just a normal pair of over the ear headphones. I'll take a look at that once I get off work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    • May 27, 2008
      I have the G35 [Wired version of this] and the bass is phenomenal. I love it. As for a mouse, I'm using dis here G500, and I gotta say it's been my favourite mouse thus far. Both I found to be very affordable and worth the money.

Just a quick question: Did you return the g930? If not, you should definitely RMA it. I think depending on the date you got it you still can, just explain the problem to them.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Yes. I got my current headset with part of the money and spent the rest elsewhere.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Has anyone ever used the Logitech g600 MMO mouse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD