Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

uploading/fitting images on forums

Discussion in Help Desk started by MuffinFuhrer, May 14, 2011

1. Sep 26, 2010
    whenever I try to attach pictures, it says the file is too big (even though I've done it before using my screen resolution "1920x1080")...then I edit the size so it's uber small and it pisses me off because, well, it's so small (that's what she said)

I probably just made a fluke by uploading other images like this: http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/6174-ledge-spot/page__p__72094__fromsearch__1#entry72094
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    The attachment setup on IPB is pretty poor. Just another reason I cannot WAIT to get the new forums done and running...

You might be better off just using a 3rd party image host for now (imgur.com, imageshack.us, etc), but I will encourage using attachments again once we're on the new site (for sake of keeping images online).
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    Is our upload limit going to be more than half a mb on the new forums?
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    10 files per post,
    No storage limit,
    zip
    rar
    txt
    pdf
    png
    jpg
    jpeg
    jpe
    gif
    mp3
    dem
    tgz
    tar
    sp
    smx
    7z
    xz
    gz
    tga
    tiff
    bsp
    bz2

Just what I have setup so far. Subject to change. If anyone can think of file types to allow that we would actually use (in attachments), please let me know.
  5. Oct 10, 2010
    use this hoster http://www.bild.me/index.php

you dont even need speak german for it,
    just click the checkbox unter the browse line,
    browse your image, upload it

after this scroll down, and copy the last link line (direct link),
    and paste it in to the forum..

thats it
  6. Sep 26, 2010
    Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated! :grin:
  7. Aug 18, 2006
  8. Oct 10, 2010

click on "insert image" and paste the url there

Code:
     [img]url here[/img] 
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    ^If you find an image on the net, right click and click on "copy image url" and do what she posted

You can also use Photobucket, it's pretty intuitive to lazy people.
  10. Sep 26, 2010
    I'm just going to use that website you provided the url for...in fact I already used it in another topic :teehee: