Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Using My Name

Discussion in Help Desk started by Tewfen, Jul 8, 2014

1. May 17, 2014
    Well as most of you know there were many people using my name yesterday which was fine but there was one person (cuttooth) that kept my name on until today.
    I was fine with that until he started saying embarressing stuff in my name.
    Does anyone know if there's a way to make him stop because I cant ignore him cause he just confuses people and makes everyone think i am retarded please help people.
    Post solutions in comments.
  2. Apr 1, 2012
    Change your name. or ask an admin to vouch for you as the real Tewfen! (Admins can check what forum username is tied to the steam account afaik)
  3. Aug 10, 2012
    Just tell people that he is a fake. You use voice, right? I doubt they would be able to replicate your voice. If this is also a problem out of game, then I guess spreading the word also helps, so people know that any fakes of you aren't actually you. Also, they can check your Steam to know it isn't you.
  4. Aug 12, 2012
    ya don't think there a rule about using other people names, give it a day and they will change back to their names. If not just ignore them
  5. May 27, 2008
    Pretty sure I remember it falling under harassment of other players. Is that still a thing?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 1, 2011
      If they are using your name to portray you in a negative way / slander you, it could very well fall under harassment. If you feel persecuted / harassed, inform the admins on the server or record a demo and send it to us.
      • Like Like x 2
      • May 17, 2014

I asked an admin if he said it is harassment he said no it is not.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Depending on who you asked could sway the answer one way or another. I would follow Dilly's post and present the information to senior admins.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It depends on the manner they are using your name. If they are doing it for the sole reason to make you feel uncomfortable in the server, then it's probably harassment. There's nothing against multiple people having the same name unless it's just to harass.
      • May 17, 2014
      • Apr 9, 2012
        I remember someone using my name and because JorisCeoen is unique throughout the world (I never, ever saw it anywhere else) he clearly did to troll me (I saw his aliases and were all completely different.) He kept it a day or two and never saw him anymore. Thing is I brought this to PF and indeed, there no rule against it if it's not used to slander you but if he does it clearly falls under harassment
      • May 17, 2014
      • Oct 24, 2013
        Can we get management to make him a dedicated forum for his complaints? I feel like this is going to get way worse loool.
        :ROFL:
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 27, 2008
          Thanks for the help you've given everyone!
        • Aug 7, 2012
          He's making legitimate requests. The rules aren't as clear on this type of issue so he brought it to the forums for further discussion which is what players are expected to do rather than complain on the server.

@Tewfen if you're on ZE, hit me up in game if you keep seeing this happen :smile:
        • May 17, 2014
          Ok i know this isnt pf busness but i NEED help the guy joined my tf2 server too and i blocked him so im not sure how he joined me plz help also is there a way to get him steam banned?
        • Aug 7, 2012
          There's nothing we can do to prevent that kind of abuse on other servers. You'd need to contact the other server operator for remediation. The only steam-wide bans are VAC bans which don't apply in this situation.
        • May 17, 2014
          well i went to his profile and clicked report and there was an option for impersonating another player so i clicked that and gave a description
          how long do u think this will take?
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Oct 24, 2013
            Don't be a little bitch, I was joking. Thanks.
          • May 27, 2008
            There's a time and place. Quit clowning, help assess the situation or don't post. Thanks.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Artistic Artistic x 1