Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Using PS3 controller for BC2

Discussion in Help Desk started by Badgriuel, Jul 22, 2011

1. Jul 20, 2010
    Anyone have an idea on how I can use my ps3 controller for bc2? Hate flying choppers with the damn mouse and keyboard ugh.
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    As long as the pc version of the game comes with controller support you should be fine. Though you may have to buy one of those pc controllers. Or not, I've never tried it.
  3. Jun 10, 2011
    Up until a few months ago it wasnt possible for the PS3 controller to work because of the drivers (long story short they werent digitally assigned but are now).

So yes it should work. I have not tried it yet, i got it to work "hacking" windows to allow the driver last year. Dont have to do that anymore.
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    It's a pain in the ass to bind controls, but here's the program I use to play games using the ps3 controller

http://www.motioninjoy.com/ And yes it gives you full functionality, just make sure you use it as a xbox 360 controller because most games won't register a ps3 controller.
  5. Nov 2, 2010
    Xbox360 controllers are allowed :shutmouth:
  6. Jan 5, 2007
    Just another reason why I love my 360 and have no desire to get a PS3. A lot of developers are starting to add gamepad support for their titles, and nearly every single time they base it off the 360 controller due to the ease of connecting it to a PC.

tl;dr : You lose for going PS3. :thumbsup:
  7. Jul 20, 2010
    Sorry i dont want a piece of shit console that breaks down lol. Thanks that link helped me out :grin:
  8. Jan 5, 2007
    Still have the original two controllers from when I got my 360 ages ago, and they still function flawlessly. I've actually heard about more issues with PS3 controllers breaking down than I have the 360 controllers. Besides, the PS3 controllers haven't changed from the same exact design they used for the old PSX ones back in the 90's. The size of the PlayStation ones was fine when I was younger, but now the controllers just feel too small and flimsy compared to the 360 ones.

In the end though, it all comes down personal preference.
  9. Jul 20, 2010
    Yea I love my PS3 controller. The 360 is just way to bulky for me its like I'm trying to play with a box or something.
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    Statistics show that most broken down controlelrs, consoles, and headsets appear along with the purchase of CoD games.

They are pretty reliable (excluding the headsets, which are shit).
  11. Jul 20, 2010
    If they are so reliable then why all the lawsuits? Trust me I've seen enough 360s break down that it's not even funny. I went through 3 in a span of 5 months. I take very good care of all my things and they all red ringed right after the other GG. I've had my PS2/PS3 since they both came out and no problems.
  12. Jun 21, 2011
    Wow, that's really bad luck. I've had my 360 for 2.5 years and never had one problem. I guess you just have to be lucky. I also enjoy being able to hook my 360 controller right up to my computer. It makes playing games like GTA so much easier.
  13. Jun 23, 2010
    Using PS3 controller might be a pain in the butt if you don't know how to set up the binds/programs. But I don't want you to use a Xbox 360 controller to play, since PS3 is way better! I'll see if I can find a way and I'll get back to you.