Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Vac banned....

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Turtlez75, Apr 1, 2011

1. Mar 17, 2011
    Guys i have been Vac banned.. for no reason.. However my friend does have a steam account with CSS on it that he doesnt use/play on anymore and i am able to use that. Is there anyway we can transfer my admin over to it? i only had admin for like a week before i got vac banned D:
  2. Mar 17, 2011
  3. Jan 5, 2007
    Have you tried contacting Steam/Valve to find out more information as to why you were banned? I've only ever really seen people VAC-banned for using hacks or exploits through Steam before, so unless you did something serious then I don't see why you'd get banned.

Then again, it is Steam/Valve and they're not known for being the smartest when it comes to proper procedure.
  4. Mar 17, 2011
    They say i was banned for "A cheating Infraction". most likely the fuckin script i had for about 5 damn minutes before deleting it. Sorry for swearing. I just mainly wanna know if there is a way to transfer my admin over because i just bought it about a week or two ago.
  5. Jan 5, 2007
  6. Mar 17, 2011
    Oh bhop script. just holds space but i realized it was glitchy as hell and it didnt even jump half the time
  7. Jul 14, 2010
    if it was a .cfg that didn;t get u banned, if it was an exe that got u banned.
  8. Mar 17, 2011
    it wasnt a .exe either it was a .cfg file
  9. Jul 14, 2010
    :/ that didn't get you banned then :tongue:
  10. Mar 17, 2011
    No one answered my question yet D: is it possible to move the admin to the other account or not?
  11. Jul 14, 2010
    it is indeed but of course they all busy with the server being down and what not.
  12. Jan 5, 2007
    You must have had something running at the same time and were unaware of it. Might be a good idea to run some virus scans just in case.
  13. Mar 17, 2011
    OH fuck!! thats why. my computer had horrible viruses on it. could be a reason
  14. Mar 17, 2011
    didnt even think about that. i ended up having to wipe my entire computer and reinstall EVERYTHING
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    It almost always says 'a cheating infraction' - but a 'script' or .cfg as you said wouldn't get you banned. Something that was injected into the hl2.exe process would though, such as fucking around with Cheat Engine, or as penguin mentioned an executable of some sort (not a virus, as that would have no reason to inject anything into the hl2 process). If that bhop script is all you ever fucked with I suggest you contact Steam support because you should not be VAC'd. However, Valve doesn't just hand those out for no reason, perhaps you're not being entirely honest. At any rate, it doesn't really matter since even if you were hacking it could have been in another source based game and we would also have no proof of you doing so in our servers, so with that said you mentioned your friend doesn't use his account anymore, does this mean he never logs on or uses it once in a while?
  16. Jan 5, 2007
    That could have been it. I know a lot of anti-cheat software used by online games these days can have trouble distinguishing certain programs from legitimate ones. I used to get warnings from one in the past because it thought WinAmp was a cheat program.
  17. Mar 17, 2011
  18. Mar 17, 2011
    Brian ya he hasnt used it or logged onto it in about 2 years. I am being honest i dont hack. i Did let my fried use my account once because he wanted to try the game but didnt want to buy it. I doubt he did anything though
  19. Mar 17, 2011