Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

VAC trouble shooting kick

Discussion in Help Desk started by ORLY!?!, May 2, 2010

1. Sep 7, 2008
    I dont really need help, but I am here to post about a problem I am having with VAC.

After the new update I've been getting a random VAC kick. So I deleted the blob files, refreshed and was able to play for about an hour untill kick came back. I've been threw all the suggestions on the valve forums, still no luck. Researching this threw threads on that server, many are going threw similar and different problems. Overall suggesting that its a problem with steam over all.

Many can still play, perhaps due to the update being of that for newer users/computer models. Such as vista and 7, perhaps not with 98, XP (what I have) and others.

I went to the next step, which my brother recommended, to unistall and reinstall steam. The kick comes even faster now.

I want to play and I'm not avoiding, just not able to play whatsoever. I signed up to the valve forums so I could put my piece in about it. Numbers are numbers, might as well state the case at hand.

Steam overall should have been scrapped from the start. People believed and foretold such events as this. To open the flood gates to moderated updates, oberservation and others. Those days, valve games really didn't need such an update, such as today. Problems grew larger and more painstakingly obvious as time went on.

I've played TFC, CS and half-life the very first day it came out. I still have the same computer it was played on, which I am typing on now. Real gamers keep their rigs and add, repair or maintain their systems, even this old school set up can take on any new school gaming computer.

Well, I guess I just need to sit on my hands and wait this out or protest on the forums. Perhaps going back to version 8 isnt such a bad idea.

Thanks for listening!
  2. Aug 8, 2009
    Try turning off the hacks :tard:
  3. Sep 7, 2008
    You and me are about to FIGHT!!!11
  4. Mar 16, 2008
    The best way to fix any problem when modifying anything, remove everything and reinstall a clean copy.

I wouldn't take any chances with my steam account, I have too many games on it and my account is old as fuck.
  5. Jan 10, 2009
    Bump for Orly, he is a true god on our severs, and without him, it's a rageing hell hole, well... it still is when Orly is around :tard: :razz:

Yea, i would go with reinstalling "everything" having to do with steam... drivers, and etc

Good Luck Flipper,

You'll need it!
  6. Oct 22, 2007
    Only true gamers keep there old rig to play on?!? Lmao isnt that like sayin i keep my old NES to play PS3 games on cause it is just that powerful? I had a bad ass comp in 2k2 and it couldn't handle css with out awful fps, but sweet for everything before it. I'll keep the i7 and 200 series card i have now and enjoy the smoothness of games now haha.
  7. Sep 7, 2008
    Oh I tried that already. The kick came even faster.

I even re plugged game card and intalled drivers.

I had to go to valve forums and sumit a ticket and report. Waiting for them to look at peoples computers to see the problem.

Oh yea josh I fell ya. It was hard to let go of my old hard drive after it crashed. I had so much built up from years of playing CSS, TFC, TF2 and so on. Now I gotta update everything back and wait for updates yadda yadda yadda. Time is what I got, I suppose lulz.

Thanks Commando! KUMQUATS!!!!1
  8. Sep 7, 2008
    Those are consoles viva. They cant really be added on too easily unless you pretty much brake it all apart piece by piece. A computer on the other hand can come with many ports and slots, and its easy to use them. Adding things like ROM or RAM, cards and other upgrades can make any computer able to take on just about anything. My Comp has seen many upgrades and is still living on. Of course it cost to do so, but its a heck of a lot cheaper then to buy a new comp every 2 - 5 years. Sorry, I just like being in the blue every paid week, XD~!~.
  9. Mar 24, 2010
    ORLY im getting the VAC kicks now too when it happened to you did you have a problem logging into your steam account and getting this message saying something about a Purchased being processed cuz when i did thats when VAC started to kick me