Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Vacation from 30 June till 14 July

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by JorisCeoen, Jun 20, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2012
    Hey people. Many may still not be aware that I'm making maps for Source, specifically for ze, and also that I'm a modeller & animator for Source. I also got my Youtube channel that seems to be popular by the audience that is unknown (and known too) for Zombie Escape. I'm also the founder of the Zombie Escape Wikia (http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Escape_Wiki).

First about the reason I create this post: I'll be on vacation in France from the 30 of June till the 14th of July. In that time I will not see a single computer or being able to get on Youtube/Steam/PF/...

So for all who did wonder about my maps:

ze_SSBB_b1 is still the most active map in my list and I intended to finish it around mid-july. However with this vacation I won't be able to finish it by that date so it'll be moved to at least the end of July (and perhaps later). I dislike this because the demand after this map seems to grow day by day, alwas people asking "When is your map coming out?" or "Can we see a new video of your map??"
    Well about the 2nd question, I will really try to do my best to make a video of it BEFORE the 30 of June but I can't promise anything as I have my exams going on for about a month, and they'll be finished next monday. At that time I'll only have 5 days left..... BTW here was the first video (But it's VERY outdated by now, looks nothing like it anymore, it's far better now:
    via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4abSMa8pWE
    )
    -> One thing about the animations in the video: These where my first creations. I was actually able to rip the models now and even the animations from the game! (Now the ripping was easy but it still took me more than 1 houre per character for all their needed animationsfor the map) so if you think these animations are crappy, then forget about them and play the game to see the ones who will be in the final map too ^^!

Also about my map that I started before ze_SSBB, called ze_cathedral_escape... I'm sorry to say that one is probably stopped forever. HOWEVER: Enviolinador started a mapping project where a total nr of 7 to 8 mappers will be making a map individually, and when they are all done, they will be put together in one, making it a multi ze map. The ze's inside that multimap will not be too big and that was the perfect opportunity for making my cathedral as a part of one of these maps! I can't say anything more about but ofc you already have the main idea in mind now.

About modelling: For those who sent me requests, I will probably give them the priority now as I want them finished BEFORE going onto vacation! These include the last boss for Purrpz, the model for Subdelt@, for thegregster, also for Nexxt, ...
    Feel free to send ANY requests to me during the time I'm gone if the requests are absolutely NOT urgent. Do not think that I'll be back before the 14th in any case!
    Requests can be sent: Here, on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/JorisCeoen) or to my email: jorisceoen@hotmail.com

For those who didn't knew I could turn ANY sketchup models into Source, well I can, so if you got a model on sketchup (Sketchup 3dwarehouse) and you would like to have it turned into a Source model, feel free to send.

About animations: I can animate anything that is rigged. That means a model that has bones. Those are most likely to be characters but it could be anything of course! (On a side note: Sketchup characters NEVER have any bones so don't bother about character models in Skecthup :S)

The very last thing: Since I created the last thing on the zombie escape wikia, what especially has been popular is the servers page. Many people visit it each day and I'm surprised (and at the same time not since many people visit it) that there are really some people that keep their IP up-to-date on the wikia everytime it changes.
    The wikia is still in my opinion a great place to create map page articles and provide every single last information about it so people (and I mean EVERY PLAYER on ze) will finally be up-to-date with the maps of today and finally we could get some decent rounds with professional play instead of 80% being a 50% chance of edgeguarder etc etc...
    Many page articles are yet to be created, feel free to create them. In the map's list (http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/Maps) are a LOT of red links = pages that still need to be created. You can right-click on it and open it in a new tab to create it right away. Look at the example page (http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/Map_setup_example) and then you can continue.
    If you are a ZE mapper (not any other type of maps are allowed) you can create your own mapper article and provide your own maps there (created or not created, doesn't matter. Ofc I would like them created xD).
    Especially in the future for CS:GO, the wikia might be a excellent idea.

That's about it... Do not be afraid to ask any questions or to send requests. I'll look into them and I'll see what I can do!

EDIT: I totally forogt to mention the ZE wikia page of my map ze_SSBB_v1: http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ze_SSBB_v1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
      JorisCeoen, Jun 20, 2012 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Jun 20, 2012
    • Apr 9, 2007

Well, we need one zombie model for CS:GO and we can launch tomorrow. Hopefully that's what you meant by requests :shock:
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I'm so sorry, but that won't be possible for within some days :-/ porting models takes a long time and it's been a while since I have done it. I lost kind of all the gear for it, but I did got XSI back not long ago. However a zombie model is ofc different animations and I'm not exactly sure how to bring over the bones to make them match with the ones in CS:S and especially not in CS:GO as I don't even have CS:GO yet.

Also I did not mention porting anywhere xP
      If I had more time I could have certainly looked into this, but in this post I kind of specifically aimed to requests that where really not urgent. Things that do not immediatly have a close deadline.

However... I think that there are many people out there who can port over to Source. I'm certainly, certainly not the only one. What I do expect is that maybe there aren't any people who do it freely (Since S-Low stopped animating I can't recall anyone else)

EDIT: Maybe I can help you out: http://rafuron.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/mapeadores-web-page-paranoid/
    • Feb 9, 2012

You should create your own mapper's portfolio on our forums as well and introduce ur map and video because i don't think people will know u included a video in this thread because of the title. It will certainly bring a lot of attention.

Also, is ur favorite char Captain Falcon?. i jizzed when i saw roy. loved using him.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Didn't even knew of the portfolio. Well I wanted to start my mapping post on the forum when I had my newer video but perhaps that isn't even needed. I'll look into that in the weekend cause I'm kind of in urgent time for learning my geography exam for tomorrow... But it is DREADFULLY BORING so I can't even concerntrate myself xD
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Have fun Joris. And people don't realize it's not that easy to port over models, forgive them. :giggle:

EDIT: I might know someone who has an extra cs:go beta. I'll let you know.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      No, I like Captain Falcon, but my most favorite character is Mr Game & Watch. He's in my opinion easily one of the best characters in the game.
      That actually wasn't Roy xD that was Ike from Fire Emblem. Roy didn't make it in SSBB. Too many people considered him as a clone to Marth :S
      A... Where is that good old time of Melee ^^
    • Feb 9, 2012
      ah right, i forgot his name. it's been a while since i played ssbb but indeed ike was my favorite char, his final smash was great to watch. Dunno where i got roy from, i think that was melee?

the way marth attacks doesnt feel like heavy damage, rather just speed. but yeh they are pretty similar.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Wow, that would be simply awsome :O not for the game, but for the mapping and models indeed xD
    • Mar 4, 2012
      Have fun in France mate. I loved it when I was there. Oh and the ladies there are fine (pro-tip #1 bring a lighter with you, they all smoke). Don't forget to take a lot of pictures and actually go see the sights! You can go to the bars at night!
    • May 15, 2011
      Have fun bro! Bring us back a souvenir. :D
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 14, 2011
      • Apr 9, 2012
        This looks awesome! It's definitely got its own style to it, which is always a good thing. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Well lol... I'm happy to see you such amazed, because when I'll make my new video of it, it's nothing compared to this one anymore x)
        The animations are far more impressive (ofc because they're the real ones from the game now) but also I'll show for the first time some of my maps that I recreated from the game. Well the game has about 40 stages or something which are simply platforms, but I recreate the theme of 12 of these stages and then I make it into a ze parcour.

That along with a lot of random events for both zombies and humans.
        There will also be 35 characters which are equally divided along humans and zombies.: Every character from the game will receive 2 of his attacks (often 1 normal attack and 1 special attack of their sets. And their final smash)
        That's about it. More can be read on the wikia page of it
      • May 14, 2011
        No i mean the enormity of the project, thats what made me WOW.

And how great it will be in the end :wink:
      • Mar 19, 2011
        Wow I love seeing the development of the shadow_moses by error after checking out the wiki. I'm sure it will be a great map, I kind of wanted to make a map after shadow_moses just because of the epicness of metal gear solid 4 (One of the greatest games of all-time), oh well. Can't wait to see the final product definitely should be a MGS themed map in Ze.

**Edit**
        Good luck with the map Joris, looks like it's going to be really fun and enjoyable map. Got caught up with seeing the MGS map in progress.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        One of my 12 stages are also MGS themed, featuring the docks, the helipad and the hangar. Ofc it's not as impressive as the one Error17 made because I can't put that much detail en every 12 stages of my map (theoretically, maybe I could but I'm not that close yet). This is logical because his map will only be about that while in SSBB it's just one stage :smile:

I do have to admit it looks terrificly nice! He has the eye for detail and environment! However that was an early stage of his map and if you go to the talk page you can read that his HDD crashed with the map onto it :S (That's what you get using SDK on a laptop, essentially overheating your CPU because of the lack of cooling) But he told me it's even better now :razz: So I can't wait too xD
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Ok, tomorrow I'm off for 14 days of vacation! Have fun everyone ;-)
      • Dec 3, 2011
        Have a nice vacation Joris, you deserve it! Thanks again for all the animations you did for me!! Kisses xxx and hi on your girlfriend from mee =D xx